PDA

View Full Version : Selling photos online.

Armadillo
04-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I am interested in selling my stock photos online, without depending on an agency.
Requirements are-
Ability to view thumbnail images of photos with data.
Buyers must agree to selling terms.
Payment by credit card with automatic processing.
Ability to download a high-res photo after payment, with a time limit.

Does the e-commerce software offered at Westhost work for something like that? Has anyone used their Westhost site for anything similar?

wildjokerdesign
04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
I think that Gallery2 has some modules that can be used for such a thing. I am not sure how it works since I have never had the need but you may check it out. Not sure what version WH Site Manager is at but if they are not at the current and is required for what you want it is really easy to install manually.

WestHost - MCox
05-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Armadillo,

As wildjoker mentioned, Gallery does provide what you are looking for with some of the modules available to it. One of those modules that I have seen is called ShutterFly.

dattas
05-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I recommend using http://www.ktools.net/photostore/ It is really easy to use (they install it for free) and they got a 14 day money back guarantee if you don't like their product then you can get your money back, it is pretty nice and has lots of features.

Armadillo
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks Dattas, that looks interesting.
After two years, I never did get a sales page up. I just moved on to other projects, but I am still interested in it. The ktools seems to do everything I want. Now I just have to do research into what is involved in running an online business. Taxes, do I need to incorporate, all that "fun" stuff.
Thanks.

dattas
09-27-2008, 09:31 PM
I also found PickPic the other day, http://www.pickpic.com/ it looks good, although it is not a free solution, it seems to have gotten a lot of good reviews.

Aaaaap
02-24-2009, 01:35 AM
You can now sell your stock photos with web-based ecommerce solution from webhost. No need to spend much money. Good luck.