PDA

View Full Version : API to Westhost?

Trogdor1024
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Is there by any chance an API available through WH to facilitate account creation?

For instance, I am a reseller that would like to setup my own website to take an order for a new hosting account, process the payment (on my end), and then if the funds are there send a command to create the new hosting account and preferrably configure it the way I need it to be (i.e. install PHP, MySQL, etc). My goal is to automate that functionality if possible.

I looked for this answer before posting but could not find any info, my apologies if this has been covered already.

Thanks!

jalal
03-24-2006, 03:52 AM
Once upon a time, some years back, when I first joined WH, there was a promise of an 'Account Manager', much like the Site Manager, but allowing us to manage accounts. After a couple of years of 'Real Soon Now' it seems to have disappeared...

I assume that, yes, there is an API (probably to the Sphera VPS system) as the Reseller Manager does do account creation, but I don't know if it is publically available.

None of which helps you much, but gives you some background. :)

dbuckley
05-06-2009, 07:41 PM
*BUMP*

Has the account creation API ever appeared?

wildjokerdesign
05-07-2009, 05:44 AM
There will be with WH 4.0.

dbuckley
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Excellent, thankyou.

I know its the verbotten question, but ETA?

wildjokerdesign
05-08-2009, 05:49 AM
New customers will have it this Summer then existing client will be migrated after that spanning about a years period. They are not rushing things this time. :) Have a look at the WH 4.0 area (http://forums.westhost.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143) for more details and updates.