PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on New Hosting Plans

WestHost - BErickson
03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
What are your thoughts on our new hosting plans? Please let us hear your feedback.

For shared hosting, we separated our "Plans" into 2 categories: Personal & Business. Personal Plans are lower priced, offer a large amount of space and bandwidth, and offer features geared towards individuals (blogging, photo albums, message boards, etc.). Business Plans have slightly less space and bandwidth and are priced a little higher (comparatively), but will incorporate business-specific features like shopping carts, SSL, Search Engine advertising credit, SSL security, more domains, and more e-mail.

NOTE: Because of the increases to space and bandwidth on these new plans, clients on our past STANDARD packages will be automatically upgraded to receive comparable new limits. Upgrades are happening now and should be finished within a week.

Our Reseller Plans have also been changed. There have been significant upgrades to Space, Bandwidth, and IP-based VPS's, which are very positive. You will also notice that pricing has been reduced (including setup fees).

NOTE: Past resellers on Plan 1 will be "automatically" upgraded to the new PLAN 2 (which maintains the same pricing). These upgrades will be finished in April. Because the other plans have different pricing and limits, those resellers will not be upgraded automatically, but may choose to do so at their convenience.

wildjokerdesign
03-16-2006, 07:57 AM
It seems to be a good idea. A few things I am not sure about are.

If a person is wanting to set up a bussiness site I would almost think they would be looking for e-commerce support and the Bussiness Starter does not have this.

The Personal Basic has no support for Macromedia Flash. I would think that would be something a "first time" web owener might be looking for since it seems to be all the rage. :) As a side note... doesn't make more sense to put Flash under Media instead of Developement?

It feels like a step back in a way of what you used to offer. I think I understand why the packages now "seem" to have limits since with this set up you could better manage resources of servers. In other words you can get more Personal Basic plans on a server then you can Business Pro accounts.

I am not sure how you would fit it in (perhaps on the compare page) but I think it would be a good idea to give a laymens explenation of why a person should choose one plan over another. It may be true that many new customers might have had a site with another host and know what they are looking at but if you are trying to reach newbies so to speak then I am not sure the information shown is enough to sell them. If there was a way to give real world examples it would be great. I really wante to give some type of example of this but it eludes me so prehaps this is an unreasonable idea. :)

wildjokerdesign
03-16-2006, 08:38 AM
As a side note on Flash Hosting: This page (http://www.westhost.com/flash-hosting.html) seems to be inacurate. It should reflect that Flash Hosting is not available on the Personal Basic plan.

torrin
03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
The Personal Basic has no support for Macromedia Flash. I would think that would be something a "first time" web owener might be looking for since it seems to be all the rage. :) As a side note... doesn't make more sense to put Flash under Media instead of Developement?

What more does it take for Macromedia Flash Support? I thought all you did was put an .swf file on the webserver and then call to it from a webpage. If that's the case, doesn't every hosting plan support that by default?

wildjokerdesign
03-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Well you are right Torrin, or at least that is what I thought, but they list it as not being an option on the Personal Basic plan. Actually this brings up something else I was wondering about. Some of the plans do not include phpBB2 yet if with a VPS we are allowed to install our own php scripts manually what would stop someone from doing that on a plan that did not have phpBB2? Perhaps this needs to be elaborated on in the plan discritptions.

j103c
03-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm very surprised that personal sites will no longer have OpenSSL! Security is not just a 'business feature'. I really want OpenSSL to be an option at the personal plan level.

I've tried the SharedSSL, but it just doesn't work with some web apps due to path limitations.

To secure data on personal/non-business communities, I have been using OpenSSL with certs from CACert. I would be extremely disappointed to see this change at WestHost. I'm very disappointed WestHost sees securing my personal data as an upsell option to business plans.

Could you please keep OpenSSL as part of the Personal plans?

ddeyhle
03-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Thank you offering this forum. I most of the concerns that others have mentioned on this forum but let me add one more.

While Westhost has increased the data-space over the years offered by different hosting plans, it has not kept up with its competitors. For example, godaddy.com now offers 100gig of space for $19.95 per month. That's 100 gig. Yes, I was amazed when I saw 100 gig as well. At first, I thought they meant 100 meg and then I read further and it is 100 gig and so I have added a second hosting plan with them to offset the lack of space that I get from Westhost for serving data.

On the other hand, I continue to keep some accounts with Westhost simply because you do support alot of very handy technologies like flash, SSL, etc...within your plans and I find that your technical support is very helpful and more sophisticated to the larger providers like godaddy.com.

Having said this, I think that Westhost needs to start meeting its customers half way. Data space is not expensive and I think that is really unusual that for $24.95 per month (business plan), Westhost only gives 10gig of space. Certainly, you can be more generous than that. Meet us half-way and at least provide 50gig for $19.95.

Sorry, I do not mean to be critical, but at a certain point, one has to begin to evaluate the value offered.

For your consideration.....

bouncey
03-16-2006, 02:03 PM
For those of us who got the "summer special" a while back, which includes unlimited domains, at some point are we going to be downgraded to the 5-domain limit set by the Business Value package?

I hope not...

erosol
03-16-2006, 04:06 PM
I just would like to say I am very pleased with the new upgrades. I was beginning to feel the reseller packages were not allowing me to be very competitive in my local market. But with the new upgrades this is no longer an issue. I am pleased and proud to be a WestHost customer. I am very excited to hear about the coming addition of Ruby. WestHost has always offered an awesome list of scripts and has continued to keep up to date with the latest. The few times I've had issues, WestHost customer service has been prompt and concise in answering any and all of my questions. It really has been a pleasure working with WestHost over the past few years. They have become the foundation of my own ever expanding business. Please keep up the good work.

allyn
03-16-2006, 05:10 PM
i'm surprised at the big gap between $12.95 and $24.95 and that all plans below $24.95 have no more than 4GB of disk space. it seems like $19.95 is an important price point that is missing.

curious if it is possible to add disk space to a plan and how much it costs. otherwise a personal user that needs more than 4GB jumps from $9.95 to $24.95? that's a pretty big jump and most users would probably find a cheaper alternative.

currently i'm on a summer special plan and i think i have 6GB for $15/mo. this seems reasonable. but if i need more i'll really need to think hard before jumping from $15 to $24.95.

EdS
03-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Personal plan (e.g. Personal Value) would work for me except that they do not include OpenSSL. From your table I would expect to use Business value.

gharman
03-20-2006, 12:18 AM
What are your thoughts on our new hosting plans? Please let us hear your feedback.
Are details for the old plans still up anywhere, so we can see what the differences are?

WestHost - BErickson
03-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Our older plans available before this launch are listed at http://www.westhost.com/old-plans.html.

MitchellSTL
03-28-2006, 07:21 AM
I think the personal plans need OpenSSL, more domains, & more subdomains.

The majority of the plans need additional drive space & more email accounts.

I currently have five domains on westhost. My current plans allows for 10. I would have to go with the Business Value or the Business Pro. If I decide to add another domain, I would have to go to the Pro plan at an additional $10 month... I think it was a step in the wrong direction.

scubajoe
03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree. I'm glad I've got the plan I've got, 'cause I would not sign up under any of those new plans. If you want a small site, but want to play with all of the different tools (like I do) then you're stuck with the most expensive plan. I definitely think the new plans are a step backwards. I always thought WH was great in this area, but not with these new plans.

wildjokerdesign
03-28-2006, 11:26 AM
It seems like the new plans have changed some. I see now that all but the Personal Basic (which is way below any price in the past) now has most all the Site Apps included that the old plans did. The biggest difference seems to be in included domains and sub-domains. You really have to study the comparison to know for sure on cost and value... still not real sure myself. :) Compared to the prices on Starter and Value they seem to be a bit better. Price went down on Value and stayed the same Starter even though the Disk Space and Bandwidth went up.

scubajoe
03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't disagree with you, that you need to really look close. But you didn't really have to before. WH was great for giving access to all of the tools, and decent space, for a good price. Now a person has to look VERY closely, and decide what they MUST have, would like to have, and don't need, or else have to decide to pay maybe $10 more per month to upgrade to the next package. For example, I could save money on my personal domains by going from 5Gig to 4Gig, but then I'd lose some of the tools I use, and some I might want to play with some day.

WestHost - BErickson
03-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Great feedback. Hopefully we can get some more from others that may be following this thread.

Anyone?

PeteF
03-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Great feedback. Hopefully we can get some more from others that may be following this thread.

Anyone?

Sure, I have not looked at actual choices for the new packages offered,
but I quickly read through this thread to to come to the opinion that
I'd prefer an entirely different aproach for selecting a "package".

I don't like the idea of separate personal & business packages because
there is a fuzzy line that divides the two categories. I'd much rather
start with a very basic package and have a configurator that allowed
me to view all the addon options where each option had a link that
described in more detail what that option was all about.

Similar to how Dell sells PCs...
http://tinyurl.com/8t43p

After 6 months or so of allowing people to configure their own
webhosting packages, Westhost gets a better idea of what the most
popular combinations are and offer some predefined packages to
people who don't like the configurator thing. Those predefined
packages would also allow me, for example, to tell one of my friends
or customers, to go to WestHost and buy package X.

---pete---

PeteF
03-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Ok, since my last post, I reviewed the new packages for the
first time and I'll comment on that below.

First thing, you guys did an excellent job at presenting all the
different options. I can hardly find anything to critique!
I especially like the way you have the little descriptions that
provide details for each feature.

One thing struck me that you definitely need to do in regards
to the description for "Dedicated IP". I had so much trouble
because my site did not have a dedicated IP, where in recent
months, Email I was sending or forwarding was suddenly getting
bounced by AOL and VERIZON. So I think you need to explain
all about that that need for a "Dedicated IP" in more detail.

Please explain one thing....
If AOL & VERIZON won't accept Email from a website that
has non-dedicated IP how can anyone make use of that type
of webhosing package if they do Email?

Ok, one other thing...
I think you need a very basic Email only type account that would
compete with 1&1.com's Instant Domain deal. http://tinyurl.com/mv2bz
In other words, a simple package for a someone who does not need
to put up a wbsite, but just wants to have a domain of their own just
to have permanent Email addresses for their entire family or small
business. All they basically need is SpamAssassin and basic Email
features.

---pete---

jsimmons
03-30-2006, 07:11 AM
I've been with WH for (I think) seven or eight years - maybe longer. I don't even know what plan I'm on (or even what I'm paying for it) but it looks like a curious mix of Business Starter and Business Pro - I have all the e-commerce stuff, but I have the diskspace and the bandwidth of the lesser package.

I like the package I have now, but there's no method for buying *affordable* increases in disk space or bandwidth.

Another thing - I can't find a way on the site to see what I'm paying for my account.

Do you guys support .NET in any flavor yet?

wildjokerdesign
03-30-2006, 07:32 AM
If by .NET you mean can you have a domain with that extension then I can say yes that is possible. :) I have a couple of them with WH.

Your comments about a way to see what your current plan is and what the cost are is something I have been thinking would be a great addition to WH for some time. Back when the move to VPS was first made WH had announced that there would be an Account Manager and from what I could tell this would be the type of interface you speak of. For some reason those plans have fallen by the wayside. They had a "beta" of it up for a short time but there where some problems with it. I would like to encourage WH to revisit the idea of an Account Manager. I think it would be best if it was tied in with the Site manager but if that is not possible because of some sort of security issues then a seprate interface would work.

jsimmons
03-30-2006, 11:24 AM
If by .NET you mean can you have a domain with that extension then I can say yes that is possible.

No, I meant asp.net...

WestHost-SHull
03-30-2006, 12:36 PM
JSimmons,

Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans of running with .NET. Being that we are running on Linux, and .NET is not made directly for that platform, there would be some problems.

We are not closed to the idea either and have actually explored an open source .NET. Frankly, if this were to take shape, it would be a ways down the road. Thank you for your understanding.

PeteF
03-31-2006, 01:08 AM
I've been with WH for (I think) seven or eight years - maybe longer. I don't even know what plan I'm on (or even what I'm paying for it) ...
I like the package I have now, but there's no method for buying *affordable* increases in disk space or bandwidth.....

Another thing - I can't find a way on the site to see what I'm paying for my account.

jsimmons,
I'm with you on all the above. Our packages have changed so many times
and I'm not even sure what I have now. I wish I could log onto something
like a "My Account" thing that would list all that I have now with choices
of what I could add on to my account. It might even exist now, but I'm
not aware of it. Site Manager would be a great place to have it.

This makes me think if two of us who recently posted here had the same
opinion, odds are that many other WH customers feel the same way.

---pete---

jsimmons
03-31-2006, 03:49 AM
JSimmons,

Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans of running with .NET. Being that we are running on Linux, and .NET is not made directly for that platform, there would be some problems.

We are not closed to the idea either and have actually explored an open source .NET. Frankly, if this were to take shape, it would be a ways down the road. Thank you for your understanding.

That's fine. I'm a programmer and up until Visual Studio 2005 came out, I stayed away from .NET because it required you to install IIS just to write ASP code. The newest version has removed that requirement, so I can work on websites without having to go through the hassle of installing yet more crapware or wondering where I'm going to publish it. :)

PS. Mono supports .NET 1.1, but won't support 2.0 until at least Q4/2006.

mdomsch
04-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I bought the winter special several years ago: $14.99/mo for 1.5GB disk and 15GB bandwidth. The only other "interesting" feature is free unlimited domains (which I'm not really using). Since then, WH has upgraded the "standard" plans 2-3 times, such that by now, there are less expensive Business packages such as "Business Value" for $12.99/mo which offer 4GB disk and 75GB bandwidth. Can I "downgrade" my winter special account to a "Business Value" account to get the upgrade in features?

As for a note about static IPs earlier. I too ran into this problem with a separate hosting account at WestHost, where, because of the shared IP and lack of reverse DNS for that shared IP back to *my* mail server's name, various ISPs (in particular, onr.com) were flat out blocking all the email that was sent from my server. It took a while to figure out that they were blocking it, and for what reason. WH quickly resolved it when I upgraded the account to have a static IP, but I sure would have started with a static IP if I knew that the mail servers were going to start being this picky... Signing up for a new account / domain that sends mail, it make zero sense to *not* have a static IP.

WestHost-SHull
04-04-2006, 03:52 PM
If anybody is interested in knowing additional details about their package specifications or actual package name, you are welcome to PM me. Please note that you can always view your allotted disk space, site applications and bandwidth within various screens in your site manager panel as well. Unfortunately, we have no immediate plans of having it all bundled together for a birds eye view. However, upon request, I will gladly get it for you through a PM or you may call, e-mail or engage us in live chat for that information as well. Thank you!

rolling
04-08-2006, 09:45 AM
I've had a quick look at Apollo, OLM and GoDaddy to compare them to Westhost. For single domains, GoDaddy is cheaper - fine for personal websites. You compare favourably to Apollo, but they generally offer more mailboxes and more bandwidth for the price. OLM fall behind in features and value. No one else offers unlimited databases for the price.

I don't like hosts who limit the number of email accounts I can have - I only use a few aliases, but that's not the point. Setting up an email account is very simple and requires few resources - the restriction should be via disk space and bandwidth.

It makes more sense to me to split your offerings on a single / multiple domain rather than personal / business basis.

Do these new plans mean that you can no longer install your own apps? From what I can make out, the difference betweeen the Personal Value and Business Value is the inclusion of osCommerce and OpenSSL with minor differences in bandwidth and email accounts for $3 a month. Hmmm. I'm just glad I upgraded before these new deals came out.

I think you need to stress what differentiates Westhost from the competition. There is a lot more to hosting than simply the cost. Westhosts strengths are your support, community (although if you look at the stats that is generally thanks to WildJoker, FZ and Torrin) and the ability to configure your server the way you want. Your live support is very helpful and available quickly and 24 hours. The thing I like about Weshost is its flexibility - I can get the basic facilities I want for a fixed price and I can deploy the applications I want.

My site stats are
Since: June 21, 2005
Outages: 11
Total Uptime: 99.795%

Incidentally, I used to have the Value Starter package which included one domain but it would appear that all packages actually include three domains - I was able to replace the whsites.net and the other default domain with domains of my choosing; the New Year Package which I signed up for recently claims 5 domains, but you only get those if you delete the two default domains. One final comment on Multiple Domains - you can only have one secure server per IP Address, so the extra domains are not truely independent. This is a limitation of Apache, not Westhost.

Richard

wildjokerdesign
04-08-2006, 04:53 PM
(although if you look at the stats that is generally thanks to WildJoker, FZ and Torrin)

Don't forget about Jalal! :)

rolling
04-09-2006, 07:48 AM
How could I ?! Sorry Jalal :-)

jalal
04-09-2006, 12:20 PM
's cool dudes....

haven't been around so much lately....

and i'm embarassed that my web site is getting more out of date...

:(

cjjibble
04-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I think you need to stress what differentiates Westhost from the competition. There is a lot more to hosting than simply the cost. Westhosts strengths are your support, community (although if you look at the stats that is generally thanks to WildJoker, FZ and Torrin) and the ability to configure your server the way you want.

Exactly! I moved to westhost from another host that was cheaper, simply because their support team seemed to be incompetant. They got confused trying to answer even simple questions and just didn't inspire any confidence.

On the other hand, on the rare occasions I've needed to contact Westhost's support, I've found the staff to be knowledgeable and friendly -- something that's very important in the world of web hosting. Sometimes it's worth paying a little extra.

WestHost - BErickson
04-14-2006, 04:50 PM
As of today, a couple of upgrades have been made to the new plans and those that are on them. Please see: http://forums.westhost.com/showthread.php?p=31299#post31299

We are considering other positive changes, and this feedback helps.

PeteF
04-17-2006, 01:25 AM
I have an question & comment about the Personal Plans versus Business Plans. I have a client who is looking for a webhosting plan to promote their
business. All they really need is some basic Email services and perhaps a
simple webpage or two. As I review the plans, it appears that "Personal Basic"
or "Personal Starter" would be the right selection, but this is because I'm
experienced and know what to look for and I'm ignoring the distinctions that
Westhost put on the different plans as being either "Business" or "Personal".
Ok, hold that thought.

Question#1:
Can a person with a business, order any of the webhosting plans
that Westhost has classified as "Personal" plans?

Ok, lets assume that the answer to Q#1 is YES.
This could be creating a marketing problem for Westhost because
a potential new "business" type customer goes here and gets
misguided.. http://www.westhost.com/

They see two basic choices.. Personal or.. Business
Then by viewing themselves as a business they feel that they are
only entitled to purchase the plans that Weshost classified as
Business Plans. They look at those Business plans only and soon
leave the Westhost site to look for a different webhosting service
because none of those "business" plans suit their very basic business
needs as those plans offer way more than they actually need
and the prices are too high as compared to what they know they
can get elsewhere.

My Suggestion:
Ok with all that said, and assuming the answer is YES to Q#1 above,
then it's probably better to get rid of the distinction between 'Personal"
plans and "Business" plans. A smarter way to go would be to have
one list of plans starting from BASIC on up thru DELUXE. Now even
a business type potential customer would feel comfortable looking
at all the plans instead of being turned away by the limited options
in the current "business plans" section.

Please advise me on Q#1 above and let me know
your thoughts on what I'm saying about the plans.
Thanks.

---pete---

WestHost - BErickson
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Pete,

Thanks for your feedback. Prospective clients can purchase either a business, or a personal plan. We don't require them to do one or the other. This separation was designed to help the visitor answer the question "which plan is right for me". Business or Personal is a quick separation. As these plans continue to evolve, we want to bundle tools and features for businesses without raising costs for personal sites (as they can't as easily rationalize paying for hosting).

As to whether or not they will leave because our Business Plans are priced too high at $6.95, that's something will have to evaluate. It was our entry level price point before we launched these new plans, and our goal has been to add value.

Your feedback is appreciated, and we welcome more.

PeteF
04-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Pete,

As to whether or not they will leave because our Business Plans are priced too high at $6.95, that's something will have to evaluate. It was our entry level price point before we launched these new plans, and our goal has been to add value.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that your business plans are too high.
I'm saying that a person comes to your site thinking of themself as
a "business" and ends up looking only at the business plans you
have to offer. This causes them to totally ignore the personal plans
which could very well have the prices and options best suited to them.
This is why I think you need to get rid of the Personal vs Business distinctions. See, there is nothing on your webpages that says a
business customer may purchase any plan, including the personal plans,
so many will be misguided. I have not looked at your competitors, but
perhaps it would be a good idea to see if the more successful ones
use a marketing model that goes from basic to deluxe or if they
use the Personal vs Business approach.

Good luck!

BTW: I signed up my first client to WestHost the other day.
My client knows nothing about webhosting, so, while talking on
the phone, I started him at my website to click the Westhost banner
and then I walked him through the entire process of obtaining a
domain and purchasing the Personal Value plan. It went very smooth.
If I had not been there to help, he would have missed selecting
the Dedicated IP option, so I think you need to make it very clear
that people will have problems sending Email to servers like Verizon
and AOL if they don't have a dedicated IP.

---pete---

WestHost - MPlatis
04-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Pete,

Again we appreciate the feedback. Under our old plans, most of the calls/chats/e-mails that were taken from prospective clients asked which plan would be best for them if they had a business or if they had more of an informational type of website. We decided to make the change to Personal/Business to assist these type of prospective clients.

Again we appreciate the feedback and we encourage everyone to give us feedback. This is one of the best ways that we can see how we are doing and where you feel we need to improve. Already we have made some changes to our hosting plans according to the feedback we receive.

PeteF
04-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Pete,

Again we appreciate the feedback. Under our old plans, most of the calls/chats/e-mails that were taken from prospective clients asked which plan would be best for them if they had a business or if they had more of an informational type of website. We decided to make the change to Personal/Business to assist these type of prospective clients.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think it's important enough to
make a point here. I did some research by hitting some of those
sites that serve to help people find the best webhosting services.
I didn't find any with the Personal vs Business plans, but I
did find something similar.

Below is a webhosting service that took an approach similar to yours
but I believe they solved the problem I'm talking about by using the
word "universal" where you are using the word "personal".
http://tinyurl.com/gbzab

See, I'm not disputing the features of the different packages you
offer. I'm only saying that the "personal" classification is misleading
to potential business customers that are best suited to the
plans you have named "personal". If you simply kept things as is
and re-named "Personal" to something like "universal" or "basic"
it would solve the problem I'm talking about. :)

Sorry to keep going on about this but I just want to make sure
I'm getting my point across correctly while being able to offer
some kind of solution. I'd like to be able to refer more of my
clients to Westhost without having to explain to my business
customers that a "personal plan" might be better suited to them.
Otherwise, I fear it might start them off thinking they possibly
bought the wrong plan. It's all about perception.

Thanks for listening.

---pete---

WestHost - MPlatis
04-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I think it's important enough to
make a point here. I did some research by hitting some of those
sites that serve to help people find the best webhosting services.
I didn't find any with the Personal vs Business plans, but I
did find something similar.

Below is a webhosting service that took an approach similar to yours
but I believe they solved the problem I'm talking about by using the
word "universal" where you are using the word "personal".
http://tinyurl.com/gbzab

See, I'm not disputing the features of the different packages you
offer. I'm only saying that the "personal" classification is misleading
to potential business customers that are best suited to the
plans you have named "personal". If you simply kept things as is
and re-named "Personal" to something like "universal" or "basic"
it would solve the problem I'm talking about. :)

Sorry to keep going on about this but I just want to make sure
I'm getting my point across correctly while being able to offer
some kind of solution. I'd like to be able to refer more of my
clients to Westhost without having to explain to my business
customers that a "personal plan" might be better suited to them.
Otherwise, I fear it might start them off thinking they possibly
bought the wrong plan. It's all about perception.

Thanks for listening.

---pete---

Pete,

This is excellent feedback. We do understand your point, we also want to let everyone know where we are coming from when we made the decision. Thanks again!

Keep the comments coming everyone!

LWC
04-20-2006, 04:09 PM
There's a flaw in your comparison pages. You only let us compare plans from inside the same method (Personal/Business) or side by side, but not plan vs. plan! For example, I'd like to compare "Personal Starter" side by side with "Business Starter".

Secondly, I'd like to have the option to "show all features" and "show only differences".
I suggest you'd make the comparison dynamic both so you won't have to do everything more than once and so I could change views with a click of a button.

Anyway, for the former problem, if this helps anyone, here's a filter for Proxomitron (http://www.proxomitron.info) to eliminate the "Personal Value" plan. Now you can see "Personal Starter" and "Business Starter" side by side.

Obviously it can be tweaked to remove any given plan...or plans.

[Patterns]
Name = "No Personal Value"
Active = TRUE
Multi = TRUE
URL = "www.westhost.com/package-compare.html"
Limit = 600
Match = "((<tr>\s<td|</div>\s</td>)*"
"<td*</td>*<td*</td>*)\#"
"<td*</td>"
Replace = "\@"

allyn
04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
click the tab marked "compare all".

LWC
04-21-2006, 04:53 AM
I guessed you missed out the "or side by side" part. I don't care for personal vs. business as a whole. I only care for plan vs. plan (e.g. Starter vs. Starter).