PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the address to which I recieve order confirmations from my Miva Store

gypsymoth
02-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I've changed the e-mail address for which I recieve the order confirmation from my Miva Store, everywhere I can think of, including asking Miva to change it.

It is still sending to the original address, which is a Hotmail address. Hotmail thinks it is SPAM, so it gets put into the SPAM folder with literally 100's of SPAM mails everday! Some of the orders get missed/lost!

No, Hotmail will not let me change it to another folder, as it looks like it was sent from Us to Us, and therefore Hotmail thinks it must be SPAM.

:( Any ideas?

Thanks!
Colleen

wildjokerdesign
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Ok this may sound dumb but the email address you changed it to... is it maybe forwarded to the hotmail account? I know that would be somthing I would do and then forget. :)

I don't use Miva and hopefully rispku will be along since they do but normally in the admin section of programs like this there are settings for like admin mail or script mail and changeing that should be all that is needed.

rispku
02-21-2006, 03:03 PM
First make sure you're changing the right address. The merchant order notification settings are located here: Stores>Store Name>Order Fulfillment Configuration:Email Merchant Notification

Make sure the email address located in the "To:" text field doesn't contain any illegal characters. You might also try putting another email address after the one listed, but add a comma after the first address (email@first.com, email2@second.com). You could also add an email address to the "CC" field.

Do a test order and see if it sends the email to both addresses. If it doesn't then there's obviously a problem. I would then suggest you create a temporary email address, open another support ticket with either WestHost or Miva (if you have a service contract), give them the temp email address and password, and see if they can pinpoint where the problem is.

I don't use Miva and hopefully rispku will be along since they do
Actually, after almost 5 years of using MM4 we switched to Zen-Cart last November. ;)