PDA

View Full Version : Miva 5 - Softgoods alternative

Melvin
02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Seems I installed Miva 5 prematurely. Viking Coders now says they are not currently developing a version of Softgoods for Miva 5. Does anyone know of an alternative module for allowing downloads.
For the record, I have explored the idea of emailing a password back to the customer. But I need something more immediate. Unless there is a program that automates the password options after the credit check.
Thanks for any input. I really hate to uninstall 5 and install 4.

jmh
06-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Seems I installed Miva 5 prematurely. Viking Coders now says they are not currently developing a version of Softgoods for Miva 5. Does anyone know of an alternative module for allowing downloads.
For the record, I have explored the idea of emailing a password back to the customer. But I need something more immediate. Unless there is a program that automates the password options after the credit check.
Thanks for any input. I really hate to uninstall 5 and install 4.

There are at least two developers with license/download modules for v5 in their own stores, but they and everyone else have not released one for the general public. Kind of crazy.

Jason

MNslappy
10-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Is there a solution to this yet? Has anyone released a softgoods module for Miva 5? Anyone know if one is in the works? I want to sign up for a new account because we're outgrowing our old one, but I can't because WestHost no longer offers Miva 4 and we need Miva 4 so we can deliver downloads with the softgoods module.

rispku
10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Is there a solution to this yet? Has anyone released a softgoods module for Miva 5? Anyone know if one is in the works? I want to sign up for a new account because we're outgrowing our old one, but I can't because WestHost no longer offers Miva 4 and we need Miva 4 so we can deliver downloads with the softgoods module.
No solution yet. There has been some scuttlebutt on their forums suggesting that Miva is actually working on adding this feature themselves. However, there's been no indication on when this will actually materialize. I suppose your only alternatives would be to either go with a host that still offers MM4 (many still do), switch to another shopping cart solution, or hire someone to make a custom module for you.