PDA

View Full Version : MIVA 5 simple question needs answering. Please assist.

proaudiogear4less
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for any help with this. It's been driving me crazy and I have gone thru all the online documentation for miva 5 that is at miva.com (horrid miva 5 doc. info, great and complete for miva 4 though), as well as the user and developer news groups at that site.
Miva 4 used to have a 'related product' screen under 'edit: store name'.
I can't find this anywhere on Miva 5 and it's driving me crazy!
In Miva 4 I was able to get rid of the stupid bar above the related products links on a products page and define if the related products would display an image, just the name and not the code etc..
The result with Miva 4 was this:

http://www.proaudiogear4less.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=sen_e945&Category_Code=

Now I can't find anywhere to adjust how related products are displayed in Miva and it looks like cr@p.
Example:

http://www.proaudiogear4less.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PAG4L&Product_Code=rad_rmf_1122nt&Category_Code=

Any help anyone can provide me on this is greatly appreciated.
I have honestly went thru all the online docs for Miva 5 at miva.com as well as scoured the user and developer groups there, and scoured google for any info on this in regards to Miva 5 with no luck at all.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide

rispku
01-17-2006, 01:48 PM
By thumbing through the demo of MM5 on the Miva website I was able to find out where you can edit the way the related products are displayed.
Stores > yourstorename > Pages
Click on the Edit button on the same line as "PROD Product Display" (should be at the bottom).

Then click on "Related Product List Layout" (top right corner). Here you can toggle what you'd like to have displayed. If you click on the "Advanced Mode" link at the bottom of this page you can remove the <hr> tags from the code, which will get rid of the lines.

proaudiogear4less
02-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. All worked out great.
:)