PDA

View Full Version : domain directory?

ghitar1
11-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I have just installed Joomla and it uses the ../joomla/ directory for the base. I am wondering how I can make this directory the default directory when people go to my main site without having to redirect them using some kind of meta tag. (This is what I am doing now). I looked under "Domain Management" in the Control Panel and I cannot edit the main domain folder of /var/www/html. So I need to make it /var/www/html/joomla/. Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Derek

rispku
11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi Derek,

I detailed an easy method for redirecting requests to a specific directory in a previous thread.
"help needed how to redirect"

Of course, you'll need to change the bit in red, so it'll probably look like this:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php /joomla/index.php

Forgoing that method, you can move or copy the contents from your Joomla directory into your document root. You'd then have to manually edit the paths in Joomla's configuration file(s). As I don't use Joomla, and I don't have a copy of it, I can't help you any further than that with this particular method, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

HTH

Justino Mora, Recruiter
04-01-2006, 02:18 PM
It is correct!!!!
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php /joomla/index.php
will make it work.
See my additional commets in http://forums.westhost.com/showthread.php?t=8564

For not reading this post well, and ended it up loosing about 4 hours. Hence, I am posting to help other, and to thank the creator of this posting.