PDA

View Full Version : osCommerce Forum

rispku
11-25-2005, 09:26 AM
It would be nice to see a new forum added for osCommerce and its derivatives/forks (i.e. Zen-Cart, CREloaded). With the inclusion of osCommerce in our control panels, and the increasing popularity of these projects, I think it'd be prudent to add a forum for their support.

Currently, questions and support requests regarding these programs have found their way into multiple forums, including the E-Commerce and General Discussion forums. While not completely out of place in either, a dedicated forum might prove to be more useful for anyone looking for help with these programs.

Thank you for your consideration.

rispku
03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Excuse the bump, but I still think this is a good idea. ;)

Would at least like to hear an official response one way or the other.

bpk
03-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Here is a great OSC forum...

http://forums.oscommerce.com/

rispku
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks, bpk, but I know about the official OSC forums. The fact is, there are many official and larger forums out there that make most of the forums here--and the threads in them--redundant. This fact hasn't in any way prevented people from posting about their general problems with the various web apps we've been provided.

The point I was trying to make in my original post was that I think there should be a designated place for questions about OSC/Zen-Cart/CRE-Loaded with regards to hosting them on WestHost accounts. It was not my intention to suggest a forum should be setup as a replacement for the official forums for these products.

If you look in the 'E-commerce' forum, you'll see it's basically being used as an ad-hoc OSC/Zen-Cart forum now. Why not change the name of the forum to reflect this?

wildjokerdesign
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
I really think this is a good idea. I know it may seem redundent and WestHost tires to point people to the forums and sites of the program authors but it could really help. A sticky message could be added to the fourm that explained the intent of the forum here and also gave the link to the official site of the program. Even that might get folks to the right place if they missed it some place else. :) It is also sometimes easier to answers to questions here at the WestHost forum instead of at the main sites.

whadmin
03-09-2006, 09:32 AM
We have created a new forum for the discussion of osCommerce on your WestHost account:

http://forums.westhost.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Thanks again for the suggestions and good luck with your online store.

wildjokerdesign
03-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Thank you for listening. :) Do you plan to add a sticky post to the forum with info on the orginal authors site as I had mentioned?

rispku
03-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Thank you, whadmin!

Thank you for listening. :) Do you plan to add a sticky post to the forum with info on the orginal authors site as I had mentioned?
I started a thread that can be copied/editted and used for a sticky post if necessary. "Official Forums" thread