PDA

View Full Version : wordpress help

fudge
10-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey all,

Installing first website. . . trying to upload wordpress, but I have no idea where to do so. I've downloaded the WP files, unzipped them, and want to ftp them, but don't know where to stick them.

I want the blog to resolve to my url. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Armadillo
10-08-2005, 09:49 PM
In the HTML directory. /var/www/html/

smither
01-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Hmmm - why are you doing this? Word Press can be installed easily through the site manager. See the Site Applications tab.

wildjokerdesign
01-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Hmmm - why are you doing this? Word Press can be installed easily through the site manager. See the Site Applications tab.
I don't believe that WordPress was available when this user first posted about this in October of 2005. :)

linkerjpatrick
05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
As a followup on this topic I have a question about Wordpress upgrades. I have the older 1.5 version of Wordpress on a few site and need to do an upgrade which I have as an option in my control panel. I'm I right in assuming that the upgrade will not mess up any customizations done because I have formated to Wordpress template (well technically my wife did it) to look like the rest of the site. Will an upgrade keep the customizations?

wildjokerdesign
05-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I have asked for specifics on this in the past in regards to upgards of other things but did not get an answer. I would assume that any modifications would be overwritten by the upgrade and that you would need to re-apply them after the upgrade. Most the upgrades mention backing up and perhaps that is what that means.

wildjokerdesign
05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I take that back. My question was just answered in regards to phpBB. The Template direcotory is backed up by an upgrade to it and then restored but any files outside the template directory are not. So perhaps it is the same with Wordpress. I would either ask support for sure or just make the back up and be ready to restore.