PDA

View Full Version : Security issues

globaled
10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I posted the following on 9/27/05 in the general discussion forum.

Since Miva 5.0 was installed (July 20, 2005) I have been unable to run the upgrade procedure provided by miva. This turned out to be a hosting issue and westhost has been aware of the problem since about the same time. This did not concern me while there were no updates so I waited patiently for westhost to fix the problem (2 MONTHS)! On 9/13/05 miva provided an update patch to fix a security issue - 2 WEEKS AGO -. Westhost has been aware of this for 2 weeks and still has not corrected the problem. Since my site is not 'live' - yet - I'm not worried about the security problem. I am wondering, though, why nothing has been done and if anyone else has had this problem?

I received a reply from westhost saying that they did not know when this would be fixed. My concern is two fold - where did my post go and why can't westhost fix the problem? I did not have this problem with miva 5.0 at another host and have spoken with yet other hosts that don't have this problem. I trust that this post will stay visible. :mad:

globaled
10-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Whoops! I just found the other post!