PDA

View Full Version : Web Picture Gallery software

berube
09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi,

Anyone know good online pictures gallery software.

ImageVue seems to be good but it need GD2 extension (and I don't know if Westhost support it).

Thanks

torrin
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
I use gallery 1.5.1.

http://gallery.menalto.com/

allyn
10-02-2005, 07:33 PM
gallery 2 is the latest and greatest at the link above. i'm looking at using gallery and moving my photo albums off of fotki because they are charging too much now.

torrin
10-03-2005, 10:46 AM
From looking at the requirements for Gallery 2.0 (http://codex.gallery2.org/index.php/Gallery2:Installation_Requirements), I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. Note that, I only said Gallery 1.5.1 because I use it, so I know it works. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Gallery 2.0. I plan on attempting to install Gallery 2.0 after we get ImageMagick. Is there anybody using Gallery 2.0 on a westhost server right now that can verify that it works?

Armadillo
10-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Fotopholder is a very simple basic gallery.
http://www.jakeo.com/software/fotopholder/index.php
If you are familiar with php code you can customize it. It makes a good base to build your own gallery on.

allyn
10-04-2005, 01:22 AM
i've already installed gallery 2 and it is working, though i am still just playing with it and not using it "in production'.

the only problem i ran into that for some reason the westhost installation of GD2 doesn't work right so i wasn't getting thumbnails. i used the old version of ImageMagick that i got throught that "autoget" procedure and it worked fine.

wildjokerdesign
10-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I just installed Gallery2 and it seems to be running just fine. The only problem I have run into is that the Thumbnail Croping does not seem to work but I have not explored why. I just get the dreaded X in I.E. where the image is supposed to be to get cropped.

I have to say that I like the new Installation and Admin area. Much cleaner and user friendly.

dvduval
10-15-2005, 09:20 AM
I may be a bit late, but a couple of other good ones are Coppermine (free) and Photopost (paid). If you run vBulletin, there is also a nice script over at vbadvanced.com

Andromeda
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I may be a bit late, but a couple of other good ones are Coppermine (free) and Photopost (paid). If you run vBulletin, there is also a nice script over at vbadvanced.com

that's a pretty cool stuff.. Coppermine ..
btw, welcome aboard mate!

WestHost - TErnstrom
10-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Not to let the cat out of the bag... but, I thought you'd be interested to hear that WestHost will be offering Gallery 2.0 beginning November 1st.
It will be available on packages Value and up (including Holiday & other promotional packages), as well as in all Reseller Packages and on all Dedicated Servers. Everyone on the mentioned packages should see it no later than November 9th.

I hope that answers your questions about Gallery working on WestHost servers. :) Give us another week or two, and we'll make the installation easier for you as well.

Look for a formal announcement about this deployment early next week!