PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Miva Consultant

Amy Louise
08-23-2005, 02:49 PM
The person I'm trying to hire to do some final tweaking of my Open UI, Display Pro, Miva configuration keeps telling me, "I haven't forgotten about you but I've been tied up with..." for over a month now.

I need help--have some comments she obtained from a Miva experts forum on how to improve my site--and have a few things I'd like to have fixed. I've already spent almost $4000 on getting my site set up and running--not counting all the other web-related business/admin costs. The design element is now set in a way that I like.

I can't afford much more, but I do need some more configuration done--like I just signed up for the USPS service and tried to figure out how to configure the module. I'm totally lost. I barely know what they're talking about and have no idea where I'm supposed to go to put in code, etc. It's pathetic, but I've got to hire people to do this stuff for me because I don't get it. The last person I hired assured me by the time she was done my site would be techincally correct, able to get into search engines, integrate in with the shopping cart, etc. Well, the Miva experts are telling me they don't see anything for the search engines to pick up on the home page. Also, AFTER I hired herself, this woman practically divorced herself 100% from any issue involving the shopping cart or Open UI saying, "I'm not familiar with Miva!" Can you believe this???

Another example is that before hiring her, I specifically told her I needed to be able to do small edits myself--and that I have Dreamweaver which I can get around in somewhat. She did the photo montages in Photoshop--I don't even own Photoshop--I use Fireworx to edit my photos... so now, I don't know how to switch out the photos if I sell an item that's showing on one of the hard coded pages.

I'm so fed up. It took over a year to have 2 friend/consultants (& switching to 2 different hosting companies) look at and play with my site and not succeed in getting it launched. Then it took months to finally get someone to launch it--and it turned out to be technically a mess--like he did in frames so no S.E. could pick it up at all. I then hired this other person to fix all that and ended up with a site I can't edit myself and a person who refused to deal with anything related to my shopping cart. Now, I have someone who says she'll get to it...but hasn't had a chance in almost 2 months. She's recommended I change the pixel of the photos to get the site to load faster. I asked her how since I only have instructions from one consultant that I should edit pixels in Fireworx for thumbnails to 100 width by (auto set) & full-size from 300 width to (auto set). She didn't reply--so I'm ready to load more product photos and don't know how to do it differently. She knows I am willing to pay for the help, but she just doesn't have time...

Can anyone recommend a consultant who won't charge the sun & moon, who does have time and is available to look at my site and fix the tech issues--I don't think there are too many to get the site working well (not change the design) in some sort of time frame in this lifetime?? Someone who, after the initial fix, would be willing to assist me as needed when I have tech issues (example: like adding on the USPS configuration or configuring Miva 5 when I buy the upgrade)?

Has anyone had any luck finding a person knowledgeable in Miva and html??
Many thanks,
Amy

jmh
09-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Can anyone recommend a consultant who won't charge the sun & moon, who does have time and is available to look at my site and fix the tech issues--I don't think there are too many to get the site working well (not change the design) in some sort of time frame in this lifetime?? Someone who, after the initial fix, would be willing to assist me as needed when I have tech issues (example: like adding on the USPS configuration or configuring Miva 5 when I buy the upgrade)?

Has anyone had any luck finding a person knowledgeable in Miva and html??
Many thanks,
Amy
Do you want someone knowledgeable or someone who doesn't charge the sun & moon?

Jason