PDA

View Full Version : Min/Max order issues

bakerboy90660
08-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I want to be able to set a minimum order on 7 different items so that ppl can place an order between these 7 items but must equal to a minimum of 5 items for one order to be placed. These 7 items are 7 different flavors of ice cream that we sell, now we want to set a minimum of 5 boxes per order, it does not matter what flavors they choose, but it must equal 5 boxes.

I have installed the Min/Max order module from viking coders, but they are telling me that is not possible to spread the minimum order across 7 different items. Does anybody know of a work around? Or a different module to add??

rispku
08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
These 7 items are 7 different flavors of ice cream that we sell, now we want to set a minimum of 5 boxes per order, it does not matter what flavors they choose, but it must equal 5 boxes.
Does anybody know of a work around? Or a different module to add??

You can get around this by using product attributes to select the flavors, instead of having a seperate product code for each flavor. Their module allows you to treat various selected attributes as the same product (which would enforce the minimum order).

Here's a link to Miva's help page on how to create attributes: http://smallbusiness.miva.com/docs/merc_4.x_help/atmp.html

bakerboy90660
08-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I tried adding an attribute to each product by giving them the same code and adding a prompt saying "YOU MUST ORDER 6 TO FULLFILL ONE ORDER".......but it does not seem to work......help??????

rispku
08-17-2005, 02:24 AM
You mentioned that the seven different items are just different flavors of ice cream. Instead of having seven different products/codes in your inventory, consolidate them into one product/code, and then use an attribute (such as a drop-down box) to assign the flavor prior to having it placed in your customer's basket.

For example, say for instance this is what you currently have in your product database:
Chocolate Ice Cream - 1 Quart
Vanilla Ice Cream - 1 Quart
Strawberry Ice Cream - 1 Quart
(...)

Instead of having multiple products/items whose only difference is the flavor, you can have one product/code in your database (e.g. Ice Cream - 1 Quart), and then assign an attribute to that product that allows your customer to select from multiple flavors.

Since VikingCoders' Min/Max module allows you to treat an individual product's attribute combinations as the same product, this will allow you to apply your minimum order values to all flavors at once.

Hope that helps

rispku
08-17-2005, 02:58 AM
I should also point out that the preceeding post assumes you sell other things besides the seven different flavors of ice cream. If this is not the case you can use Merchant's built-in capability to set the order minimum to five (or six?) items. This is a global setting and will count all items in a basket toward the minimum amount.

This option is in the store configuration area:
Stores > storename: Order Minimums

Here's a link to Miva's help page that covers this feature. Editing a Store (http://smallbusiness.miva.com/docs/merc_4.x_help/stor.html)

bakerboy90660
08-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Im still having problems............I'm so sorry, I'm very new to Miva................so what I did was I deactivated my 7 different ice cream flavors, created 1 ice cream with 7 different attributes representing the 7 different flavors. But the min/max still recognizes it as one product??? I enabled the global restriction under the system extension configuration...........it will not let me check out unless I change the quantity to 5???????????????

rispku
08-17-2005, 05:33 PM
...it will not let me check out unless I change the quantity to 5?

This is what you wanted, right?

You can configure it to automatically adjust the quantity of the order to meet the minimum, as you may already know. Otherwise it should kick you back to the basket screen and display your error message regarding the order minimum.

...But the min/max still recognizes it as one product??? I enabled the global restriction under the system extension configuration...

Right, I believe that's the default behavior. Be sure to apply the restriction to the ice cream product code only, otherwise it'll be applied to all of the products in your shop.