neomail-1.27.tar

Do I place this file in:

/ usr / local / perl / bin /

???

Kate
:confused:

jalal
07-28-2005, 03:39 PM
I think you should best install it using the Site Manager. Look in the Applications section and install it that way.

Kate
07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Neomail seems to be a program I should be able to install from the site manager but it doesn't come up in the available programs. :confused:

I found out that the .tar extension indicates a compression format that I didn't know about...oops.

jalal
07-29-2005, 01:44 AM
No, tar is an archive format, it doesn't compress...

But NeoMail should appear in the email section of the 'Site Applications' page, if it is not there, then you should probably ask WH about it, or if you are getting from a Reseller, then ask them.

torrin
07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Wasn't neomail removed from the list of applications when they decided to go with Uebimiau?

jalal
07-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Ah, maybe... I haven't looked at a new setup.
Can someone else confirm?

Kate
08-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I sent a email to technical support and NeoMail has been recently removed. It was causing problems.

What I want to do is become a reseller and be able to set up account under different domain names. I would like to able to provide customers with email address with "theirnames@theirdomain.com". There was a posting under the Email forum describing how to do this with NeoMail.

I will admit that my technical ambitions are well beyond my technical skills and I am always swimming in water way over my head.

Kate ;)

Kate
08-01-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't want to become a reseller but provide space for customers domains and webpages... :confused:

jalal
08-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Surely someone who provides web space and emails for others is a reseller by definition???

It's not real clear what you are trying to do....

Kate
08-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for replying.

What I would like to be able to provide are email address(es) for clients with their domain name as a suffix. If my primary domain name is domain1.ca. I can presently set up any number of accounts like bob@domain1.ca, mary@domain1.ca...

I have a second domain pointed at my site now I will call domain2.ca. How can I create email addresses like bob@domain2.ca, mary@domain2.ca, etc...

I was looking at this post under the Email/FTP discussion group:

HowTo Tutorial: Setting up Subdomains - sunzon

...which discussed how to do this with NeoMail.

Could this be done with the new email program Uebimiau? I there a simpler way to do this?

jalal
08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
When you create 'bob@domain1.ca' then 'bob@domain2.ca' is automatically created, they are the same account. On WH, the main, original domain name is the name of the host. All the add-on domains are added through Apache and don't really exist outside of Apache. So from the server point of view there is simply a 'bob' account and a 'sally' account, and probably a 'kate' account as well.

But I haven't used Uebimiau, so I can't advise on that....

Kate
08-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Thank you...that does work. Too simple :o