PDA

View Full Version : PHP parsing irregularities

firebirdfan
06-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi, I have a php script which parse enquiry forms to be formatted in HTML when viewing it as email, but sometimes i get & only sometimes i get the raw HTML code of the enquiry which means the script did not parse it at all.
I've tested the script & reammended it when such occurance occured in the past.
But inconsistently, receiving unparsed emails & viewing the source of the email doesn't show any signs of error in my code.

So I'm wondering if, this has to do with the server settings, because all websites enquiries parse through the script on a particular domain on WH servers. Or maybe at the time of enquiry,the server was on heavy load & couldnt perform the parsing of files ?

Any of you guys experiece such things?

jalal
06-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Or maybe at the time of enquiry,the server was on heavy load & couldnt perform the parsing of files ?

Any of you guys experiece such things?

Then it would simply throw a server error.

It's much more likely that you have an error in your script.

:(

wildjokerdesign
06-13-2005, 06:12 AM
I tend to think as jalal that there may be something you missed in the script. When you say raw html do you mean you see the html tags? That would indicate that the mime type did not get set right for some reason. Could it be something the user inputs. I have been stumped in the past with a script till I realized the user was enter a charecter I in the input that I had not expected.

firebirdfan
06-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the pointers, I guess it could most likely be the script then. I realized that sometimes when the user leave SPACE after typing their last character..it would be the 1 causing the error. How do i elimate such errors.
Yes i see the entire tags plus the enquiry generated