PDA

View Full Version : New to FormMail - Getting Strange Errors

edencer
05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I am new to *nix systems, and I am trying to get my site setup!

Here is the form code on my page :

<form id="dn_contact" method=POST action="http://dencer.net/cgi-bin/formmail/FormMail.pl">

<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="majordomo@dencer.net">

Clear the Form: <input type="reset" name="clear" value="Clear the Form!"> Submit The Form: <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

The email account is created and working, with a home directory.

When I submit the form, I get an IE Window that says action canceled!

I am so confused right now. I have uninstalled and re-installed FormMail, and I have not edited the file, so it should be okay.

Can I get some suggestions as to why this is not working? I am just confused right now =\

Thanks for the help!

Eric Dencer

wildjokerdesign
05-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Can you give us a url to test? wrap it in () if you don't want it to be a hyperlink here on the forum that is followed or even just give us the location for now I we can add it to your website url.

edencer
05-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Unfortunately no. I am still waiting for the DNS to propigate. I cant resolve my domain name currently... I guess, I will have to post the question again, once my DNS is all resolved (pardon the pun!)

Eric

wildjokerdesign
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Are you trying to use the script on dencer from a different domain? If so then that is your problem. Part of the security of the script is that you can't do that without changeing the configuration.

BTW If you are waiting for dencer to resolve it already has. I can access and if I go to the script url I can tell the script is installed and running.

edencer
05-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks for checking it out. I changed my form code to reflect my subdomain (dencer.net.whsites.net) and it suddenly started working. I think that I am going to have to get my DNS config all setup properly.

Thank you very much for your help tho. I appriciate you taking a look at it.

Eric Dencer