PDA

View Full Version : How to transer account within an account to Resseller

Mania
04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Hello again,

I need to transfert an account to my Reseller account but I don't know how to do it. I have an account here at westhost lets call it myaccount.com, in that account i have set up some directories with different domains pointing at them like this:

www.myclient1.com is pointing to www.myaccount.com/myclient1
www.myclient2.com is pointing to www.myaccount.com/myclient2

Now in my Reseller account I want to transfert www.myaccount.com but i want to divide my clients account(myclient1.com and myclient2.com) in seperate accounts in the Resseller.

What is the best way to do this?

(I hope you understand it's complicated for me to explain in english)

wildjokerdesign
04-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Mania,

Has WestHost already moved the myaccount.com to your Reseller account? If not then to get that one moved you would need to have them do it by contacting via a support ticket.

The two client account you have under your myaccount.com can be switched by first going into myaccount.com and removeing them via your Site Manager for myaccount.com. I assume you know where to go since you added them to myaccount.com in the first place.

Once you have removed them then you should be able to go into your Reseller account and add them to seperate VPS's there. All the info you have on the server know for them you would have to reupload to the new accounts you set up via the Reseller manager.

You might contact WestHost and see if they can do this for you without you haveing to upload the files again but I don't think they can.

Hope I understood what you are wanting to do.... I think I did. Let me know if that is clear enough or if I missunderstood.

maida
03-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Does this post still hold true? (It's nearly 2 years old)

Can I just use WS_FTP or putty to copy/move the files on the server from

/var/www/html/client1 to
/home/accounts/d/a/client1

wildjokerdesign
03-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes this thread is still valid after two years. :) You can download the files from your main account then upload them to the new account you created in your Server Manager. You could also use putty and rysynce to do this.

I am not sure why you want to move them to /home/accounts/d/a/client1? You would want to move them to /var/www/html on the new account. Remember with a Reseller account you actually have complete VPS account that are separate from each other and perhaps even on different servers. I think my accounts are spread across about three different servers or more last time I paid attention.