PDA

View Full Version : Another Zen Cart Question - store views ok, admin page blank

maida
04-21-2005, 08:33 AM
I am in the process of installing ZenCart for one of my clients.

The store views okay, but the login page comes up blank

I've checked permissions, did a small fix they recommend for PHP 4.1.2 and still no go :(

It's been suggested on their forum that my problem is the version of PHP.

I know others have set it up on WestHost...any ideas?

www.true-believers.com/catalog
www.true-believers.com/catalog/admin

Thanks for your time!
Maida

jalal
04-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I've setup lots of osCommerce shops but not Zen Cart, although they are related.

At the top of the /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php file there should be line on error_reporting, you could set that to E_ALL and see if you get any errors showing up.

maida
04-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the tip, Jalal!

It is set to

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

and the page is still blank.

:?

I'm going to back and make sure that all the files uploaded correctly. I had a lot of trouble last night with my upload. I got a lot of "Blocking Call Cancelled" throughout the upload and maybe a file got truncated.

Wish me luck!

Maida

maida
04-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Eureka! That was it! :D

I was missing a whole directory under /admin/includes

What a relief!

Now to begin the arduous task of customization...

Does anyone else have troubles when uploading a lot of data?

Or is it me and my router? or ISP? ;)

Maida

wildjokerdesign
04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Do check your uploads. I don't have it installed now but did at one time when I was helping someone else and I didn't have any problems that I can think of. Many times a blank page can be a result of a missing or corrupted file. Check and see what files the login page calls. Then check to see that they are there and compleate.

wildjokerdesign
04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Seems we where posting at the same time. :)

I do have problems with uploads from time to time but normally has to do with my ISP and how much traffic there is at the time. I have gotten to the point where I upload the files compressed and then use SSH to uncompress them when I can.

maida
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Seems we were posting at the same time. :)

I do have problems with uploads from time to time but normally has to do with my ISP and how much traffic there is at the time. I have gotten to the point where I upload the files compressed and then use SSH to uncompress them when I can.

Thanks for posting...I can always count on you for a good suggestion/solution! :)

jalal
04-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the tip, Jalal!

It is set to

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

and the page is still blank.

Its useful sometimes to set it to

error_reporting(E_ALL);

to get the full set of error messages. (But not on a production site).

Anyway, glad you solved the problem. Normally if there are missing files then you should get error messages (along the lines of "Error opening stream...") but maybe ZenCart have installed another error handler.