PDA

View Full Version : Main domain change

sigep416
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
I currently have the value package. My main domain is for example www.abc.com. I also have two other domains hosted under this account called www.xxx.com and www.yyy.com. My question is, is it possible to have www.abc.com changed to something else without haveing to cancell my account and resign back up? The DNS for www.abc.com has allready been changed with the register so I can only access via ip now. I just wanted to try to avoid having to set everything back up. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

Sigep416

wildjokerdesign
04-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Well there is nothing you can do that I can think of through your Site Manager. I think you are going to have to contact WH and have them take care of it. I am also pretty sure that the only way they can do this is to cancel to original account and set up a new one. They may have a way around that but you would have to ask them.

sigep416
04-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Thank you for your quick reply. I have submitted a ticket to West Host. I hope that maybe its only a small DNS change or something on there end. I will post the resolution when I figure out what my options are. Thanks again.

Sigep416

jalal
04-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Shawn (wildjoker) is right, the account is keyed to the original domain name that you assigned to it, so it will have to be changed by killing the old account and creating the new one.

Its possible that WH may have a way to smooth the process, I don't know.

matts8008
04-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I did this a couple of months ago...and it is not easy to do, but not difficult either. The client has to deal with moving all files, etc over to the new server. If you have lots of MySQL databases this can be a pain.

WestHost - TErnstrom
04-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Actually, its not quite as complex as you'd think.
Try filling out this form: https://corp.westhost.com/domainchange/.

WestHost can change the domain name on your account without interruption to your VDS. We are, however, unable to change your username; this will remain the same after your domain name has been changed.