PDA

View Full Version : Cgi-bin n scripts..

walkingant
03-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Greetings,

I have a main domain and a sub domain here on westhost. I was trying to use the guestbook included. But from my subdomain its giving me a "you dont have permission" warning.

Can I give the sub-domain permission to use the cgi-bin guestbook.pl, or would I be better off creating a cgi-bin under the sub-domain?

IF its the create a cgi-bin under the sub-domain, can anyone give a guiding hand instructions on doing that. I have read some topics on the forum but none are clearly defined. :cry:

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Dave

wildjokerdesign
03-27-2005, 04:27 PM
If you want to set up a cgi-bin for your second domain that points to your main domains cgi-bin then it should be pretty simple to do and possible via your Site Manager. Log in and go to Domain Management. You want to set up a script alias for your second domain so go to Web Aliases and click on the name of the second domain. Now simply click on the New Alias button and set up a script alias that points to the same place as your main domain cgi-bin which would be /var/www/cgi-bin/ . You should then be able to point to your guestbook.pl from your second domain. You need to check the guestbook.pl for any config values that may need to be changed to fit your second domain.

If the above does not work (which is possible depending on the path you set for your second domain) then there are some other things that we may need to do. Your welcome to post here if it does not work or even PM me and we can work it out.

wildjokerdesign
03-27-2005, 04:30 PM
I just re-read your post and I bet there is a setting in the guestbook.pl that keeps folks from using the script from another domain. I have not looked at the script in a long time so not sure of the config on it. I'll see if I can find out for sure.