PDA

View Full Version : Webalizer for: more than one site? ONLY one site?

AWCdesigner
03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm hosting several sites under my domain, each with its own domain name.

mydomain.com
othersite.com
stillanothersite.com

All the files reside in /var/www/html

Two questions:

1) How can I get Webalizer to show a stat report ONLY for pages within a domain, and not all the domains?

2) How can I allow people other than the Super Webmaster (me) to view the Webalizer report? Right now it requires the master login, and I just don't want to hand that out to all the people I'm hosting.

I'm a newbie ... please speak S L O W L Y so I can understand ;)

Thanks ahead of time...

wildjokerdesign
03-17-2005, 07:09 AM
There have bee others that have been able to get Webalizer to do what you want and I was trying to find the thread they talked about it but have not tracked it down yet. I did poke around in the files and scripts that Webalizer uses and not sure if even editing them is going to give you everything you want.

Since you are looking for something that your clients can look at you might want to look in to SiteMeter (http://www.sitemeter.com/). It is a free service and all you have to do to have it track a page is put a bit of javascript code on each page. I have used it for quite some time and it works very well for clients. You can set their accounts up at SiteMeter for them and then give them the URL and sign in information. The interface if very userfreindly and easy to understand. Oh also I started useing this service at the beginning when I was a "newbie" because it was so easy. :) I see there are other ways now but hey if it works don't fix it.

If I find the thread I come back and post the link to it.

sunzon
03-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I agree with WildJokerDesign, it is probably possible to reconfigure and intervene in Webalizer to split out by domain with separate logins, but it may be easier to keep webalizer as is for your VPS management, and use specific logging scripts for each domain with their own login etc.

A free and easy one I have used for a long time, is AXS (http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/). It requires to install a script in your cgi-bin, and a single line on each html page you want tracked. If you need help on this I can guide you. I have rewritten parts of the code to get some extra features, that I could provide.