PDA

View Full Version : problem with headers

Girl.Geek.Nascent
03-10-2005, 01:31 PM
well, the headers arent the problem, I am sure it's me :)

from what I am looking at, when I look at my main page, there is no space around the top white section, but on the Miva page, there is the background color all around ... how do I fix the Miva header so it matches the main page?

wildjokerdesign
03-10-2005, 04:42 PM
You'll need to find a way to add this to the body tag for your cart.

< body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">

Pretty sure miva uses CSS so you may need to alter that if it for some reason overides this. The body section in CSS looks like this.

body {
margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px;
padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; }

Both my examples hold only the code needed to remove the extra space. There should be other things already within those tags.

HTH

Girl.Geek.Nascent
03-29-2005, 01:45 PM
anybody know which files i need to change to do this? thanks

rispku
03-30-2005, 03:32 AM
from what I am looking at, when I look at my main page, there is no space around the top white section, but on the Miva page, there is the background color all around ... how do I fix the Miva header so it matches the main page?

Pasting this at the beginning of the 'Global Header' might do the trick.

<style>
body {margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px;}
</style>
(Copied from Joker's post)

ok while I am at it, is there an easy way/explanation to get rid of that bar of images for the checkout and account etc and just replace them with links?

Quite easy, actually. Miva's site has a fairly good walkthrough for this exact procedure, and can be followed pretty much verbatim.

Miva's Tips & Tricks (http://www.miva.com/support/tips_tricks/tips.mv?tip=/support/tips_tricks/tips/13.html&title=Tips%20%26%20Tricks%3A%20Create%20Yo ur%20Own%20Navigation%20Bar)

Girl.Geek.Nascent
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
hey thanks! got it all working now. I'm not sure how I was linking to the navigation thing from the Miva support area, but whenever I clicked the link it just came to a lightbulb with the rest of the page cut off so I had no idea how to work with that. But your link mysteriously worked.