PDA

View Full Version : another person unable to add a new domain

zmiller
02-15-2005, 04:29 PM
hi all,
i just signed up and i am unable to add a new domain via the control panel. after reading the message boards, this seems to be a relatively common problem. i was wondering if there are other relatively well-known problems with the control panel i should be aware of?

i've opened a support ticket but haven't heard anything back yet.

cheers,
-zach

wildjokerdesign
02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Well a recent one is to not use the File Manager in the Site Manager to edit script files. It saves the files in dos format. You can use it on html files but it would be best to download via FTP and edit in a text editor the upload your changes or make changes via an SSH session.

I would suggest that unless you have a specific reason for it that you not use the lastest version of MySQL but the older one. No real advantage to the new version for normal users that we can figure out. :)

On adding your new domain... Do you have a New button showing up or is it missing? That is the normal problem although that one has not shown up for quite some time. Do remember that what ever your package allows in numbers of domains that you can add that your main domain is part of that limit.

If you run into any problems there is normally someone on the forum who can help you out. Just give use a shout. The more info you can give on the problem you are haveing the faster we can normally figure out what the problem may be.

Welcome to West Host and the forums.

jalal
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Did you know that....

If you have the WH package that doesn't allow additional domains (and so you don't get a 'New' button) you can rename one (or both) of the temporary domains (yourdomain.whsites.net etc) and so can therefore have a couple of other domains for free.

wildjokerdesign
02-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Well I bet that is going to be fixed soon. :)

That brings up a question. Jalal do you remove those temp domains after you have a new domain up and running. I have always just kind of ingnored them. Wondered why WH never added in something that ran to remove them after the actual domain propogated.

jalal
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, after I discovered that they can be 'converted' into extra domains, no, I didnt' remove them. Never know when I want to stack another domain on there. But now I'm a reseller, its not such an issue as I have loads of domains... :)