PDA

View Full Version : Using SSH Tunneling with Dreamweaver MX 2004 with WESTHOST

rgkopchak
02-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Has anyone gotten Tunneling to work with MX 2004? I found the relevant articles on the Macromedia Site here:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16126

And it seems pretty straight forward, but I just can't get it to work. It keeps looking for the connection, but DW says that it cannot make a connection to host. I think it is actually finding it, but the WESTHOST server isn't talking back. I say that because I get different responses if PuTTY is up and connected compared to if it is not. One it just says can't find it. Once PuTTy is up is looks for a long time before erroring out.

I configured everything just like they said and used PORT 2021 in PuTTy and DW.

I can't even get it to FTP, let alone use it for MySQL like I want.

Anyone figure this one out yet?

wildjokerdesign
02-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Give this thread a look. http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=98 A user was able to get it to work and they did at one time have a page linked in that thread that explained how they did it. I think it is still up but I did not check it this morn for sure.

rgkopchak
02-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I came across that and that would be the answer to the problem, but it seems that Macromedia took out the SSH part in MX 2004. Now it uses SFTP, so things are a little different, and I can't get it to work.

Just wondering if anyone out there figured out how to make Westhost and MX 2004 work together.

jeffegg
02-24-2005, 10:26 PM
I dont know if this will help you, I use Macromedia Dreamweaver 2004 as well, after major research through westhost and macromedias website, i found this worked in 2 different sites:

Connection Name: Whatever you want to call it
MySQL server: localhost
username: localhost
password: your password
DataBase: whatever you created it as

Hope this helps :x Jeff Eglinger

jeffegg
02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
sorry leave the password blank at least thats whats working for me

jalal
02-25-2005, 01:24 AM
If you are trying to use 'sftp' it may not be installed on your server. Is that the case?