PDA

View Full Version : Error message in phpMyAdmin (PMA)

MitchellSTL
02-07-2005, 12:23 PM
After running my sql to restore my databases, I came accross this error message at the bottom...

The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been
deactivated. To find out why click here.

Has anyone came across this? And how do you fix it?

wildjokerdesign
02-07-2005, 09:45 PM
If you click on the link you'll find out. :) The same message was on the old install just not as visible. You have to basicly create a new database with some tables then make some changes to a few things in the config. I have done it on a couple installs. I do now need to go back in and re-edit my configs now that I have updated but my database is still there. The info in the link is pretty clear but make sure and read through all the steps. Took me a couple read throughs to know what I was doing.

oh you also have to add a new user if I recall the proccess right.

scubajoe
02-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I did it too. I think you had to add the "pma" user for PHPmyAdmin. But I agree, click on the link and it is failrly clear as to what to do. I specific questions come up then post, 'cause that might bring back my memory. It didn't take too much to get it all working, with no messages.

wildjokerdesign
02-09-2005, 07:31 AM
scubajoe, Have you used the extra features? Just thought I would mention that since I set it up on a couple accounts I have not on others. The added feature don't really seem to be something the normal user would use.