PDA

View Full Version : autoresponder after formmail entry

SusiePattaya
02-01-2005, 05:10 AM
If somebody can give advise on formmail activating an autoresponder, I'd be much obliged.

I have a formmail in a page, which, after submitting, I would like to trigger an autoresponder. However, no such luck. The autoresponder works as I tested it sending a normal email, but not through the form on the page. Everything else in the form works (go to thank you page, receive email with the entries).

Hoping to get this problem solved......

wildjokerdesign
02-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about. Doesn't FormMail have it's own auto reply built in to it? I think you would need to use that instead. Pretty sure the autoreply is skipped for mail sent internally which would be the case here. I think the setting for sending an autoreply is at the end of the configuration section. You have a setting to turn it on then you set what that message is right after that.

SusiePattaya
02-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Thank you. Will certainly check the perl script again. Did so, but to be honest, wasn't all too eager to find something there as I hate messing about with the form and thought clever me tries it through the host's email system. :oops:

wildjokerdesign
02-01-2005, 08:44 AM
It shouldn't be to hard. If you have any questions or need help let us know. Just a couple things to keep in mind.

Edit with a plain text editor like notpad.
FTP in ASCII mode.
Change the premissions to 755