PDA

View Full Version : Coppermine not working in Add-On Domain

korngold
01-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to install Coppermine in one of my add-on domains. When I put the files out on the server and go to the install page, I get this mess:

Warning: Unknown(C:\Domains\raptorcentral.com\wwwroot\galle ry\install.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'C:\Domains\raptorcentral.com\wwwroot\gallery\inst all.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in Unknown on line 0

I changed the folder permissions on the two required folders, but it doesn't seem to be searching the right directories. I have this installed in an add-on domain which is not under /var/www/html/ but in an outside directory.

Has anyone successfully set up Coppermine, or is there another php photo album (free) that I could use with my configuration?

Thank you,
Anthony

wildjokerdesign
01-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Are you sure that you have your paths set right? The listed Unknown looks like a path on a windows machine and not a unix path.

korngold
01-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Joker,

I'm pretty sure I don't have them set correctly, but I have no idea where to go to change it. :shock:

I couldn't find a config file or anything, so I'm at a loss. . . online "help" was not really very helpful at all, either.

wildjokerdesign
01-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Well I looked up there install instructions and you shouldn't have to change anything in a config file to use the install.php so it may not be that. Just seems strange that it gives a path seen on a windows machine. I forgot to look why I was on the site but when you downloaded the program did it say anything about maybe haveing two types one for windows and one for unix? You could open up the install.php file in a text editor to see how it is calling files.

You might want to give Gallery a look: http://gallery.menalto.com/ I have test installed it once and I know others have got it working on their accounts. It is best if you ImageMagick also installed to use it fully.

jalal
01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Another Image Gallery (if you don't need to upload pictures and have users, much simpler) is Mig:
http://mig.sourceforge.net/

I use this on my site at:
treks.gnomedia.com

torrin
01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Just from the looks of the error message, I'd say you installed it on your home windows machine and then upload the installed files to your westhost account. Is that what happened? If so, I'd say download the package directly to your westhost account and install it there instead.

visible soul
01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
I have installed coppermine on multiple "add-on" domains as well as my primary domain with no problems. Try what torrin suggests. :)