PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to MySQL with Navicat

pdh22
01-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Does anyone know what port MySQL will connect with on the outside. I would like to use a desktop application to connect. I also would like to use dreamweaver MX to connect and to assist in buidling apps. If anyone knows these settings please let me know.

wildjokerdesign
01-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Here is a link to a users how to for connecting with DMX on a WH account. http://www.teenawr.com/dwmx_westhost/

I also think I noticed an option in the Site Manager set up for MYSQL that pertains to connecting remotely. I think that is new so you might check that.

It used to be that WH did not allow you to connect remotely unless it was a secure connection because of security issues so you had to do some workarounds to get a connection.

Hope that helps.

pdh22
01-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I had worked through to that point but the database just get denied every time I attempt to connect. I am getting frustrated. I guess I will have to setup a local Apache/PHP/MySQL server on my box. I wanted to avoid that because I am running .Net Studio on my computer and didnt want to fight with it. I wasnt afraid to dev on the server.

wildjokerdesign
01-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Did you check your insallation of MySQL in your Apps to see if it had the option for TCP/IP connection? I only have this option on accounts that have a dedicated IP. What package do you have with WH? You only get the dedicated IP if you have one above Basic. I wonder if that is what is hanging you up.

pdh22
01-21-2005, 12:47 AM
No I have a dedicated IP. It just makes sense. What pw and user ID should I be using to acess the db? I am asuming it is my login account. Or is it root plus the pw I setup in the setup screen?

wildjokerdesign
01-21-2005, 06:31 AM
It most likely will be root plus password. Do you have phpMyAdmin installed on your account? You can check and manipulat users and their permissions with it.