PDA

View Full Version : Has there been some sort of change behind the scenes?

Turtlewebs
01-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I've been installing a new installation of oscommerce on a new domain and all of a sudden the payment and shipping modules are messing up. The people at the oscommerce boards suggested asking the host if they've changed something because they say this is not a bug.

Meanwhile my store is dead in the water because payments and shipping won't work.. anyone have any clues?

jalal
01-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Maybe if you gave us more details of what "messing up" means, we might be able to chip in with some suggestions.

Otherwise, nope, don't have a clue!

Turtlewebs
01-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok well, you can enable and disable payment and shipping modules as required. Since just recently I can enable one but the buttons normally change on that module to 'remove' and 'edit' - it's staying as 'install' instead.

It seems as if it's installed, but it's not really - so I really am lost as what to do and of course I need to use payment and shipping modules otherwise I'm dead before I even start.

jalal
01-16-2005, 03:06 AM
Install MyPhpAdmin if it is not installed.
Open up the database and look in the 'configuration' table.
Somewhere around id 65 are some records which list the modules that the system believes are installed. You should see the filenames of the modules that you installed.

Do they appear there?

For example, in one of my shops, I have 'cc.php' listed in the MODULES_PAYMENT_INSTALLED record.

If the filenames don't appear there, you may have problems writing to the database.
If the filenames do appear there, then the problem is more likely somewhere in the code.

HTH

Turtlewebs
01-16-2005, 05:29 AM
cod is showing in there and it's the one that is showing with 'install' next to it.

table rate and zone shipping rates are showing as installed, but they also show 'install' next to them.

HOWEVER, flat rate is NOT showing as installed in the database, even though it's the one that actually WORKS in modules.

ARGH