PDA

View Full Version : PHP and MySQL Updates!

WestHost - BErickson
01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
On Friday, January 21st, we will begin adding upgraded versions of MySQL and PHP to the Site Applications>Development section of client control panels (Site Manager). The versions to be added are:

- MySQL version 4.1.8
- PHP version 4.3.10
- PHP version 5.0.3

Once the new software is added you will be able to log in to Site Manager, go the Development category of your Site Applications, and update your current version (if you desire), by clicking on the respective INSTALL icon.

NOTE: It is recommended that you upgrade PHP to version 4.3.10. If you wish to upgrade to PHP version 5.0.3, make sure that any custom applications or software you have installed (or plan to install) on your Virtual Private Server can support it. This warning also applies to MySQL version 4.1.8.

If you have any questions or need help, please let us know.

blakekr
01-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Can you announce an updated ETA for these upgrades? Monday?

wildjokerdesign
01-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Although it was not mentioned in Bevans post above the notification they sent out on it said that it would take them till Thursday to get everyone upgraded. So it could be anytime between now and then that you see the new stuff in your Site Manager.

blakekr
01-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info!

WestHost - BErickson
01-26-2005, 08:11 PM
UPDATE: Some unforseen conflicts have delayed the rollout of both MySQL and PHP. We've changed the projected completion date to Thursday February 3rd.

We know everyone is anxious, and you can believe that we are too. We'll try and keep everyone posted. Thanks for your patience.

blakekr
01-27-2005, 06:08 AM
Thanks once again for the update; it's appreciated.

WestHost - MStevenson
02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Hello all,

We have just posted an announcement in our "News and Announcements" section with an update about this (http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2677).

born2code
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I hate to be a pain in the ass. Especially considering the great job you are doing and all the effort you are putting into it.
But, i have to make a small request/comment!
The PHP5 installation was compiled with the mysql 3.23.56 client libraries.
I am assuming that most people going to PHP5 will probably use MySQL 4 (or compile MySQL 5.1 alpha on their own).
While the 3.23 libraries connect to MySQL 4 and 5, they fail at some of the newer features. I will note StoredProcs that return multiple result sets. There are several (many?) other features that cannot be supported with the 3.xx client libraries.
Interestingly, the 4.x libraries support everything that MySQL 5 (and clearly 4) has.

My request would be to compile against the 4.x libraries, or, if that's not in the cards to let me know, so that i will go ahead and install my own set of MySQL/PHP. For obvious reasons, i would rather not do it myself and i am willing to wait if you indicate that you are going to make the change.

thanks much.

linkerjpatrick
02-04-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm having difficulty on figuring out how to do these upgrades. I have all our sites under a reseller account but when I login to the individual site managers there is no option to install the upgrades and the installed software is showing the older versions only. However in the reseller login I can see the the software available is the newest version. What do I have to do to apply the upgrades to our service packages?

wildjokerdesign
02-04-2005, 07:32 AM
You first go in and add the new Apps to the existing Packages you want the available in. Click on the package and and navigate to where the new apps show and check the box next to them. Once you have made your changes you click .... I think it is Apply Changes or maybe Apply to Accounts.

It normally takes a few hours for them to show up but you should be notifided via email when the changes have taken place and to what accounts you applied the changes to.