PDA

View Full Version : online store tip

presres
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Our company has launched an online store recently and though our traffic is descent, our conversion rate and search engine ranking is still very low. I was wondering if anyone could give us some tips technical, or as a prospective custom on how to turn that around.

thanks!

www.exhibitwarehouse.com

Presres

nsc
01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Do something new & unique so that you can generate news on other websites and make people discuss you on blogs and fora.

Jeff Colburn
01-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi,

The main problem with your site is that you talk about features and not benefits. You need to think of the client's needs. So you have a 36 inch by 48 inch display. So what? What does this mean to the client. Tell why your products are the best, what problems they will solve, how it will make their life easier, and so on. And have copy for all of your products.

Listing features instead of benefits is one of the most common mistakes that people make.

If you need someone to write the copy, I've been a professional writer for over 30 years. You can see samples of my work at my site The Creative Cauldron ( http://www.CreativeCauldron.com ) or contact me at JeffColburn@CreativeCauldron.com

Have Fun,
Jeff

presres
01-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for the help. I'll take the suggestions to my boss and reevaluate our site.

Thanks again!