PDA

View Full Version : setting up - activate encryption?

Girl.Geek.Nascent
12-17-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm setting up my miva cart and i am on a page asking me if i want to activate encryption and asking for passwords - is this something that is in addition to the ssl or is it required for the ssl? what is this thing! yikes!

help! please. thank you.

wildjokerdesign
12-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Don't know if you have seen this yet but it looks like there is some new info on installing Miva in the manual.
http://members.westhost.com/miva-merchant-installation.html

I skimmed it and did not see a direct answer for what you are lookin for but I may have missed it. I have never gone through the process of setting up a Miva account but wanted to give you the link in case you missed it. Hopefully a Miva user well drop in and be of more help. :)

wildjokerdesign
12-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Here is a link to the Docs on the Miva site. They are in PDF format. Again I could not find specific refrence to "activate encryption" but you may be able to find it. Something that did occure to me is if it is asking for a password would it be the one you created when you installed the cart?

Girl.Geek.Nascent
12-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys. I checked out every piece of documentation I could find including the above, and of course, the one thing I need to know about doesnt seem to be in there anywhere. It's not the user and pass i signed up with the cart because it is asking me for a new one. It's very odd!

WestHost - TMonsen
12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
The encryption is a piece of security which will encrypt the credit card numbers on the server. The encryption setting is excellent for additional security for you customers. However, a very strong warning. If you lose the password, you can change it for new orders, but you will not be able to access orders that were encrypted with the lost password. We've had several clients activate encryption and then been unable to process the orders because they did not have the passwords.

Activate encryption at your own risk.