PDA

View Full Version : Miva/SSL/Holiday Special Questions

Anonymous
12-11-2004, 08:30 AM
hi, I have a few questions before i sign up.

i would be getting the holiday special so i guess these questions apply to that type of account.

is there a limit to the number of products in the Miva cart?

does the shared SSL work with this account type?

how many domain names can be hosted with the holiday special?

also, not directly related to you, but since there is no kind of site builder offered, could anyone suggest a free or low cost site builder or template site?

thanks.

Anonymous
12-11-2004, 09:26 AM
i guess dont worry about answering these questions. i had sent an email yesterday and wondered why no response to those questions so i checked the ticket and said my inquiry was "killed" and in a "dead" status?

maybe if you arent accepting new customers right now it should say so somewhere. too bad, i thought you sounded like a great company to try :(

wildjokerdesign
12-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Just because the status say's dead or such does not mean they have abondonded it. That shows when they transfer the ticket to a different person to reply to.

WestHost - ZEsser
12-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi might sign up,

If your message is listed as "dead" and you did not receive a response, it was most likely misinterpreted as spam. Sorry about that.

Would you be willing to PM me the number of that ticket so I can further investigate?

Lastly, here are the answers to your questions:

1.) There is no limit to the number of products in the Miva cart.

2.) The shared SSL works on all our standard and reseller packages.

3.) All our accounts come with unlimited domain support. Some of our lower level packages have quotas set on them that you can raise through add-ons to your package. However, the Holiday Package comes with unlimited domains and no set quota.

4.) You might see a site builder pop up on WestHost sometime in the future... I'll leave the suggestions question to some of our other members.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Anonymous
12-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Thank you so much for digging me out of the spam bin, it was pretty scary in there with all the Rolex watch and questionable prescription offers.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question here and in the brushed off email, although I still dont understand how I was interpreted as Spam, but nevermind... a couple more questions:

If I choose to get my own SSL, do I have to go with a specific company to work with your hosting or with the Miva cart? Will the cheaper SSL certificates like GoDaddy's and some others work as well? I really dont understand the technicalities of it so I have no idea what is possible.

Also, if I signed up with your service and got the PayQuake merchant account through your link, is the PayQuake signup a part of the webhosting signup? (trying to determine if i need all my financial info on hand when signing up for the hosting) and do I need the merchant account/payment gateway right away to even work with the Miva account or can I go ahead and sign up for hosting and tinker with Miva while waiting to get the merchant account?

Thanks again!

p.s. Me? Spam? I am truly soooo harmless! Just full of questions is all

:lol:

wildjokerdesign
12-12-2004, 08:19 AM
This might help answer your questions on SSL.
http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14027

WestHost - ZEsser
12-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Another thing to consider when choosing your SSL provider, in addition to the information in the other forum post wildjoker directed you do, is that not all certificates work with all browsers.. something that should be a big concern given the rising popularity of browsers other than Internet Explorer and Netscape.

The Payquake account it not something that automatically comes with your hosting account. If you sign up for the Holiday Special, you will receive the shopping cart, the hosting, and the option for using our shared SSL. Anything that you need in addition to that (like a merchant account or payment gateway) you can add-on at any time with to your account. Thus, you will not need your financial info on hand to sign up for hosting. You also can tinker and modify Miva as much as you want. You only need a merchant account/gateway when you are ready to start accepting payments.

Girl.Geek.Nascent
12-15-2004, 12:45 PM
thanks for all the info. you won me over, i signed up last night. just please dont dump me into the spam bin anymore!