PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced with installing Zen Cart?

mindlord
12-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Every host on which I've tried to install Zen Cart, I get hung up at the same point - connection to the database - can anyone give me pointers concerning the configuration of Zen Cart at that point of the install (database address format, proper creation of a user/pass etc.)?

wildjokerdesign
12-03-2004, 09:50 PM
What is it that Zen Cart is asking for? Normally scripts that are connecting to a database are looking for three things :

Host = localhost
User = root
Password = only you know... should be the one you used when you set up mySQL
Database = the name of the database Zen Cart has you create

If you don't have phpMyAdmin set up on your account it may help to do that. Then you can go in and work with the database that Zen Cart sets up if you need to. You can also create a new user and password if you do not want to use root as a user.

I never installed Zen Cart but I can try to answer any other questions if you have them.

Tom Howard
12-04-2004, 12:25 AM
I've installed Zen Cart for my company (on a WestHost account). Feel free to PM me.

mindlord
12-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Tom I PMed you with details.

Vince.

mindlord
12-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Does anyone else out there have specific experience with Zen Cart installation?

Vince.

Tom Howard
01-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I've gotten some PM's about this, so I figure I should post it generally.

The only way I've been able to install ZenCart is to create a new mysql user, give that user privileges to the cart database, and then use that user/password/database information for the installation.

burk
01-29-2005, 10:10 PM
You don't have to create a new user for MySQL - you do have to create a user though .... I used the same as my Site Manager (and same PW). Don't check the TCP/IP option. Then go into phpMyAdmin and create a new database called zencart (it's the default in the install). Zencart does not create the DB for you.

Better still, create a dir called demo and create a new database called zendemo and install the demo database (it's a couple of steps from where you are now). If you decide to go live then install into MySQL zen cart (dir store or catalog, or whatever) - that way you have the demo store for reference.

If you have phpBB running make sure you DON'T tell zen cart - you can create other problems.