PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Special

Anonymous
11-29-2004, 02:45 PM
WestHost has come highly recommended to me and I'm considering the Christmas special because it looks like a great deal. However, I have one concern. I understand that the regular packages get updated/upgraded (more resources, better software, etc.) on a regular basis but the special packages do not. If I signed up for the Christmas special, would I get upgrades and updates when the regular packages do?

wildjokerdesign
11-29-2004, 03:15 PM
That may be a better question for WH support or thier sales department. Many of my accounts are older and would be concidered "Special" and they get the updates as far as I can tell. The only thing that I can think that what you are talking about may mean is that if for some reason the increase disk space or bandwidth or even price on a package that it would not effect an account that was purchased under a special.

Tom Howard
11-29-2004, 03:30 PM
As I understand it, everyone gets software upgrades when WestHost upgrades regardless of the account type. My experience is that the resources (bandwidth, disk space) remain static.

WestHost - MMellor
11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Tom,

Yes that is correct. We are going to be making some really great changes in the near future here. Keep an eye out for them! As far as our specials being placed on different servers, this is not the case. We treat all of our accounts the same regardless of when they signed up with WestHost. Let me know if you have any other questions.

jpc
12-01-2004, 01:00 PM
being a current WH customer, can I pay out an extra buck or two a month for the extra disk space offered in that package (currently, I have the deluxe package)? ppleeeeeeease :) I certainly could use it to store a few thousand more images for my portfolio... come on WH, where's that Xmas spirit?

Anonymous
12-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Are your PHP and MySQL packages upgraded for the special? We read a post here yesterday that your staff removed on this subject. We'd like to know this before signing up. Is asking certain questions 'verboten' or do you guys always delete anything you can't answer? We're looking for a serious hosting company who can handle our business at this time.

wildjokerdesign
12-03-2004, 09:56 AM
A shopper,

No most questions and topics are left untouched. I think maybe sometimes there are those post that just seem to be posted to cause problems.

It has been mentioned by WH that the current installations of are going to be upgraded. The problems lies in that there are some clients who would rather not have these upgrades so it is not a simple matter. The idea of the VPS setup is to allow the owner of the site to have control over what they want running.

I think that WH is a serious hosting company which is why they don't simply upgrade everyone to the newest or most popular without takeing into concideration what their clients want.

Armadillo
12-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Maybe they could make the upgrades available with the site manager.
Those that want PHP 5 or mySQL 4.1.7 could install it easyly and those that do not could stay with the current setup.

WestHost - ZEsser
12-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Are your PHP and MySQL packages upgraded for the special? We read a post here yesterday that your staff removed on this subject. We'd like to know this before signing up. Is asking certain questions 'verboten' or do you guys always delete anything you can't answer? We're looking for a serious hosting company who can handle our business at this time.

Thanks for posting A Shopper.

The PHP and MySQL versions for the Holiday special are the same that are on our other hosting packages, though as Wildjoker said, these applications and more will be upgraded once due consideration can be given to the effort at hand and all those that are affected.

WestHost doesn't delete questions we can't answer. However, if your post violates the forums rules, it is certainly subject to removal.

Lastly, and as indicated at the top of your forum screen, these forums are "primarily a medium for community discussion and help. For faster support, please contact us via e-mail, toll free phone or live chat." The community that has developed since the inception of our forums is really top notch. We have a number of community members that contribute on a daily basis to these forums.

Thus, if you're interested in finding out if we're a "serious" hosting company, feel free to send in an email to sales@westhost.com and we'll get your questions answered as fast as possible.

Thanks for your comments!