PDA

View Full Version : FormMail attachments

mentalstric9
11-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Hello, I was wondering if its possible to upload and send a file with FormMail.
Image files to be exact. For requesting customized items.

I had seen some else asked a similar question about a month ago http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2381

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best reguards,
Eric

wildjokerdesign
11-23-2004, 11:47 PM
It would be possible but you would have to do some major modifications to the script and unless you really know your stuff when it comes to perl/cgi it may be a bit rough. You might be better off seeing if you can find a script out there that well do it for you. You might take a look at http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/ that is the site for The nms Project and they are the ones that updated and modified the orginal FormMail script so that it was more secure and effecient. It seems that I remember reading at one time they where going to look at adding that ability to thier version of FromMail.

jalal
11-24-2004, 02:12 AM
You would be better off looking for a simple PHP script, maybe take a look at HotScripts.com.

mentalstric9
11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
many thanks for the replies,

I have been looking at NMS and already I'm deciding to go will NMS over the standard FormMail script. I am not great with Perl but can see NMS is much cleaner and seems much more straight forward to config. Thanks for the point in the NMS direction. Haven't found anything about attachments though. and my intial tests of attaching files are failures

Still looking into the PHP scripts.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Even a non-free script :wink: I'd be willing to spend $40 or so, on a nice script anyone's used or tried and recommends.

thanks again,
Eric

mentalstric9
11-24-2004, 05:39 PM
ok just got done looking through phMailer off hotscripts.com.....nice call. Just got done testing it and... success :-)

No more standard FormMail for me. I'm currently changing 3 forms I have set up to NMS and moving forward with phMailer for this current project which requires attachments.

Many thanks and
best reguards,
Eric

wildjokerdesign
11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Glad we where able to help. Like you I know only use the NMS version of FromMail. Don't really have a need for phMailer since the places I need something like that it is incorprated into a larger script but I'll have to give it a look for future refrence. Thanks for letting us know how it worked out. Could be someone else might be in the same boat and benifit from your post.