PDA

View Full Version : bbBoard.cgi install probs....

synn
11-12-2004, 04:13 PM
I have attempted to install a forum cgi script (bbBoard from bbv2.com) and for some reason it won't accept my mysql info. It will create the tables successfully but then says "something went wrong...hit the back button"?

Anyone had any experience installing this forum?

wildjokerdesign
11-12-2004, 10:10 PM
What information is it asking for on Mysql and what are you supplying? You say it is createing the tables. Do you have phpMyAdmin installed to check that or is the script telling you it created them? It looks like they offer support for it. Did they have any suggestions? I would imagine since they are chargeing for the script they should support it pretty good.

wildjokerdesign
11-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Something else you might check is if you have the Perl MySQL libs installed. http://www.manual.westhost.com/part7.html#mysqllibs

synn
11-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Thanks for replying...

Phpadmin and Perl MySQL libs both installed.

The tables are physically being created --- checked in phpadmin.

Standard request of Mysql info:

Database Name bbv2
Host localhost
dbusername root
dbpassword mypass

It then goes through all the tables it's created but at the very bottom gives the error message...

"Adding default values to tables....Something went wrong. Please press the back button on your browser and check the database details. ''

I know it connected to the db...or else the tables wouldn't have been created. Support gave me a script anyway to run to check that the db was successfully connecting. Which it was.

Their support is excellent...however, he seems to be just as stumped as I am. I thought it may be something unique here at Westhost, so thought I'd try the forums.

I have installed many scripts and have never run into this problem. It seems pretty weird.

torrin
11-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Hmmm . . . tables created, but can't be updated. Are you sure that root has the privileges you need? Go into PhpMyAdmin and check.

Click on databases
Click on Check Privileges that's next to bbv2

wildjokerdesign
11-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Everything you have done seems right and I can't think of anything else it could be. The only thing I can think is to try and isolate what the script is doing when it is adding the default values and see if what it may be doing at that point that could perhaps be missing on the default install of the perl Mysql libs. I am not very familiar with using perl to connect to mysql. Maybe it is trying to access a perl module of some type that is not installed.

Double check what the permissions are on the bbv2 database via phpMyAdmin to make sure those are correct for you needs. It almost sounds like at that point in the script it maybe is not allowing you to insert information into the database which sounds a bit like a permission problem.

You could check your error logs to see if there is anything there that might be a clue.

Typos? Sometimes I get hung up on a simple typo in the information that I am adding. Wish I could be more help.