PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete Miva installation

stevehaffner
11-01-2004, 02:26 PM
I just installed Miva merchant on my client's account at www.kidsbygosh.com. When I try logging in to the admin page at http://www.kidsbygosh.com/Merchant2/admin.mvc , I get the error message

Unable to open 'XXXXXX/Merchant2/admin.mvc'

The installation instructions said to define installation URLs based on something called the "user-name", rather than the domain name, so I chose XXXXXX rather than kidsbygosh. Was this a mistake? Any thoughts on why I am not getting access to a Miva admin page?

BTW, I have SharedSSL installed for this site.

Thanks!

wildjokerdesign
11-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I think kidsbygosh would be the user-name it was looking for. When you say XXXXXX do you mean that literally or are you hideing someother user-name. I am not familiar with the Miva installation but with WH your user-name for many things is the name of the domain with out the .com.

stevehaffner
11-01-2004, 06:27 PM
I used the XXXXXXX to hide the real name, but the name I chose was not kidsbygosh. I contacted technical support, and they fixed the problem, though I am not sure what the problem was. I guess I was supposed to use the domain name for the user-name. I don't know why the installation guide didn't just say that. Maybe I read it wrong.

Thanks for responding.

wildjokerdesign
11-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Sure no problem. Glad tech support got it taken care of.