PDA

View Full Version : Safe Mode? litecommerce

J_M
10-31-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm investigating a cart/product catalog from litecommerce.com, the docs say that it requires PHP verion 4.1.0 or later and Safe Mode disabled. Do I have the access to turn off Safe Mode? anyone willing give me a quick "how to"?

I noticed in the PHPinfo window for my site that I have PHP 4.3.0 and the following info in the configure command:

'--enable-safe-mode'

but the Configuration PHP Core window lists OFF for both the local and the master value after safe mode.

thanks in advance,

J

wildjokerdesign
10-31-2004, 08:43 PM
/ftp/usr/lib/php.ini is the configuration file for php and can be modified. By default safe_mode is turned off but you can check yours to make sure.

If you do modify your php.ini file for any reason you do need to resart the VPS which can be done via the Site Manager or the SSH command restart.

J_M
11-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Safe mode was not turned on. I do have a couple additional install questions.

I've tried to setup litecommerce but am experiencing a couple problems with accessing the MySql database, and I'm not sure where the problem is.

the required fields for LiteCommerces are:

MySQL host name- ? is this the host domain name?

MySQL database name- I can make a new database in PHPadmin but it doesn't contain any info or tables, should I leave it empty?

MySQL user name- I'm assuming that this is my site login info, or is this different and can I find it on the manager or phpAdmin page?

MySQL password- same question as above user name.

thanks in advance,

J

Tom Howard
11-01-2004, 12:40 PM
MySQL host name: I'd assume that "localhost" would work

MySQL database name: A database without any tables is probably fine. In fact most of the programs I've used create the tables they need within the database (you can probably name it whatever).

MySQL user name: This could be "root" or you could make a user and give that user privileges to that database (it's the "privileges" link when you first log in to phpMyAdmin)

MySQL password: same password that use usually use if using "root" user, or the password you set when you created the new user

Hope that helps.

J_M
11-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi Tom,

Your answers were the key!

best regards,

j