PDA

View Full Version : "Bad Referer" for form mail

rameygifts
10-16-2004, 05:57 PM
I gave up trying to use the provided formmail script and downloaded the nms formmail instead. It's much easier to use. I finally set it up correctly with permissions and all but now I'm receiving an error message that says

"The form attempting to use this script resides at http://www.domain.com/page.htm, which is not allowed to access this program.

If you are attempting to configure FormMail to run with this form, you need to add the following to @referers, explained in detail in the README file.

Add 'www.domain.com' to your @referers array."

I've added it. It still doesn't work.

wildjokerdesign
10-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Try this:

@referers = qw(domain.com www.domain.com localhost);

That should cover it. Notice there are no quotes around each entry or any commmas inbetween it is simply the list with a space between each. Unless things have changed with the script the above would cover anything for your site but still keep folks from other sites from using the script.

If you continue to have problems with it let me know and if you like I can check your settings for you if you want to give me temporary access to the script.

wildjokerdesign
10-16-2004, 06:34 PM
A quick note... I noticed you started getting an internal error on the original script. When you are uploading changes make sure they are in ascii mode and that you chmod the script to 755.