PDA

View Full Version : Fix the search for these forums?

sarr
10-09-2004, 06:00 PM
When I search the forums, I get back bad results. I use the Search link at the top, use the defaults (note that "Forum" has "All available" selected), fill in the Keyword box with "session", and I get back:

Search found 1 match
Forum: Moderated posts
Topics: Server specs

Click on the forum name ("Moderated posts") and I get back "The forum you selected does not exist." Click on the Topic name and I get back "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

Change "Forum" from "All available" to "CGI Scripts / Perl" and I get 6 matches.

Two thoughts:
1. "All Available" should include the forum I selected :-)

2. It's mighty frustrating to try to search, get a result, and not be allowed to view it.

Would WH kindly repair this? Please?

wildjokerdesign
10-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Pretty much a base flaw with phpBB. Even find complaints about it on thier forum but they seem to think nothing is wrong. WH is aware of what you described. I am pretty famliar with the script and have never been able to find the bug or a way around it. The best thing to do as you found out is to simply always narrow down your request to a Forum.

jpc
11-24-2004, 06:34 AM
sounds like the db index isn't being flushed when posts are removed/archived. frustrating indeed :(

mrsadm
01-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Search doesn't work well! I did a search for "webalizer" in all forums and got 0 results. Scolling around in "General discussion" and I immediately see it in a title.

Hey folks maybe we should use google on this particular domain to try to find something!