PDA

View Full Version : Site Manager - "Please wait"

FZ
10-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I have not been able to log in to my Site Manager for 2 days now. That darn "Please wait" box won't go away.

WestHost, can you please, please, PLEASE remove that message? I know I am not alone when I say that it has been the source of much aggravation since the 2.0 introduction. I know you must have put it in for a reason, but it really isn't working.

Yes, I am running a firewall (ZoneAlarm). Yes, I did use a non-IE browser (Mozilla Firefox 0.10.1) - but I tried IE6 as well. I'm running Windows XP SP2.

In IE I noticed a JavaScript error:

Line: 19
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://69.36.161.120/php/runtime/VDS/overview.php

An alternative to this would be providing the same functionality via SSH: for example, a command to check bandwidth usage. Another example would be a command to easily add a new alias, or easily create a new FTP/mail account. I know this would make the lives of others who, like me, are comfortable with SSH but rely on the Site Manager for the aforementioned things.

torrin
10-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Agreed. I wouldn't touch the site manager if I could do everything under ssh. As for the please wait box, it could go either way for me. I'm on a cable modem connection in California, so I don't really have any problems logging in.

j103c
10-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Firefox is my default browser, and I made some e-mail changes recently with no problems. Is there a certain action you are performing when having problems with the 'Please Wait' message? Or is it with all actions?

FZ
10-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Nope - the opening screen after logging in just freezes on the "Please wait" message. Obviously, because they made it so you can't click around when that message is displayed, I can't do anything - not even log out. I've been using Firefox for a very long time, and it has worked properly before... It's just the last 2 days (that I've noticed) where it isn't working properly. Not even in IE.

Update: Interesting - I turn off the use of my ISP's proxy server, and it works again. Still, this doesn't change my view on the matter: I shouldn't have to do that...

nsc
10-09-2004, 08:49 PM
I use Konqueror 3.2.1, and rarely Firefox 0.9.1 or Mozilla 1.6.

The Please Wait msg does not seem to create any problems to me but I think it might make the manager a bit slower.

I would love to be able to use just ssh and check the bandwidth from there. but of course the manager is very also useful and should stay/improved :)