PDA

View Full Version : neomail or webmail to second domain

ccwebb
09-19-2004, 11:59 AM
For example, say I have a domain abc.com and mail comes to abc@abc.com.

Then I add a second domain to the same account - xyz.com and mail comes to xyz@xyz.com.

Currently if I use neomail or webmail I have to log on to username abc. I can not log on xyz.

Here is what I want to do. I want to be able to compose mail using neomail or webmail and have the mail coming from xyz@xyz.com. Instead, now it comes from the "base domain" or abc@abc.com.

Is there a way to do this?

I am aware, for instance, that in neomail you can set a reply-to but at time of receipt the other end sees that the mail comes from abc@abc.com. Don't want this!

Thanks

Charlie

jalal
09-19-2004, 03:46 PM
You will need to create a mail account for 'xyz', login to Neomail using that account name and password.
Then you should be able to set the options within Neomail to have mail with the correct From address.

ccwebb
09-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Jalal:

But how do I add an email account for xyz? I can only log on to "abc' in Manager, so if I do that, then click on add email, it will only let you set up an email for @abc.com.

Charlie

jalal
09-20-2004, 06:57 AM
It's all the same. 'xyz' is the name of the account. Whether it is reached via the domain name 'abc.com' or 'def.com' is immaterial.

And, yes, it does mean that you cannot have 'xyz@abc.com' and 'xyz@def.com' as two separate addresses. There are a bunch of threads dealing with the issue so I won't go into it again.

ccwebb
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Jalal:

If you got a couple of minutes point me to one of the many threads on this - before I posted I looked at subjects back to February and did not see anything - I must be overlooking them.

Charlie

jalal
09-20-2004, 01:24 PM
This (rather long) thread goes into it in some detail:
http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1407

There may have been another thread, but I couldn't find it, maybe someone else remembers...?