PDA

View Full Version : SMTP server suddenly stopped working

junga
09-06-2004, 11:55 AM
This last week, The SMTP server on both of my two westhost accounts stopped working. junga.com and navumusic.com

POP3 still works and I am still getting new emails to all accounts, but no accounts can send mail.

When I telnet into port 25, it connects, but I get nothing from the server, and then the connection is lost.

Outlook 2002's "test account settings" retorts that the SMPT server was found, but sending the test email failed because the server did not respond.

I have restarted the VPS.

Earier this week I had added some blocked accounts to the /etc/mail/access file of junga.com, so I tried going back to a previous version, but it did not help.(and I have not made any changes to the navumusic.com domain and it does not work either.

Any idea what's going on here?

--BobG

Metalbunny
09-09-2004, 05:33 PM
not sure how long the problem's been there as I don't use the SMTP server myself ... but got notice today that it's not accepting connections .... had to do alot of work to provide my client with a different smtp server

Alejandro
07-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Long time ago I posted it. Happily now UebiMiau is a default option in WH, and looks great :)