PDA

View Full Version : No SPF Record

rbayless
09-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I was wondering when West Host was going to start implementing SPF records for DNS. Apparently SPF (Sender Policy Framework) is something in place to stop spammers from sending out e-mail that looks like it came from your domain name.

So my question is, do you have any plans on implementing this in your DNS servers ?

:D

Richard

wildjokerdesign
09-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I have SPF records set up on my accounts. WH is able to set them up for you. There is more info on it and discussion in this thread:
http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2095

Right now we only have Step one available to us but it is a start.

rbayless
09-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Thank you for the FYI.. :)

Funny thing is after posting the question I saw the thread while just browsing through the forums a few mins afterward..hehe.. I didn't think to look in the comments/suggestion part first..

I put in a support ticket to get it taken care of..

Thanks again!

:D

Richard

wildjokerdesign
09-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Actually the thread has now been moved to the Email Management area. Hopefully it well be more visible there since it relates to the email system. It started out as a simple comment suggestion and we kind of took off on it. I get the feeling that as this new concept developes there is going to be alot more discussion on it. I'm still trying to sort out all the implications... ins and outs. :)