PDA

View Full Version : SquirrelMail

seaquest
09-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm looking for an alternative to weshosts webmail because it's been desperately slow lately. The accounts on our dedicated server come with an application called SquirrelMail installed by default but I've never been able to use it. I get the login prompt but when I log in I get the following error...

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_hostconnect: connect failed in /usr/local/webmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 172

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:163 in /usr/local/webmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 172

Anyone encountered this and know how to resolve it?

Jim

FZ
09-04-2004, 01:36 PM
I believe SquirrelMail is for IMAP mail accounts only - which WestHost does not provide (we get only POP3 mail accounts). Therefore, you cannot use it (unless you install IMAP on your account yourself).

If you are looking for an alternative, I suggest checking out IlohaMail (http://ilohamail.org/). The installation is extremely easy, it's written in PHP, and seems pretty fast. It also has a lot more options than Neomail or IMP which you can install via your Site Manager - it's pretty customizable too.