PDA

View Full Version : spf - all goes smoothly?

markwolk
08-25-2004, 12:43 AM
To those who have already setup their spf records: has everything been smooth so far? Any legitimate mails that were rejected or lost? Should I wait or should I do it now?

It looks like we will soon have to apply for a Micro$oft license in order to use spf http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/08/24/2033217

wildjokerdesign
08-25-2004, 05:52 AM
No problems on mine. Remember at this point we only have step one available to us wich is the publishing of a record. That is not going to affect how your own system recieves mail. As long as you send your mail out through your domain then folks who check your record are not going to reject your mail. I haven't had any of the mail I send out rejected.

I don't think the article pertains to an SPF record. What they are trying to do is something seperate from SPF although both groups where trying to work together on it since they where similiar things.

Armadillo
08-25-2004, 08:43 PM
So far so good.
As Wildjokerdesign said, we only have step one. That is supposed to stop spammers who try to make their spam look like it came from you. It should reduce bounce-back spam, and help to preserve your good reputation.

markwolk
08-30-2004, 02:13 PM
OK, thanks, it looks like it is safe to implement.