PDA

View Full Version : Totally confused by Mojo Mail

stonix
08-20-2004, 06:56 PM
I am very much frustrating with Mojo Mail configuration. Here is my situation:

Say the list name is "Mailing List Lovers" and the list owner email address is "list-owner@mydomain.com". Say we have 10 subscribers in the list. From the web interface I can send a message to all the subscribers.

However, how can a subscriber send a message to the list from his/her email program, such as Outlook Express? I tried to send to the list owner address but it didn't work. The list name itself is not a email address, so it cannot be used as list address. I also tried to change the the name to an email address - it didn't work, too.

To my understanding, from a subscriber's point of view, a mailing list is nothing more than an email address which he can send message to and all subscribers can receive the message from this address. However in Mojo Mail's configuration I don't know how to setup this address.

If anybody has ever successfully setup Mojo Mail please share you experience. Thanks in advance!

Alex

matts8008
08-20-2004, 09:07 PM
If I understand correctly, what you need to setup is Mojo as a "group list". There is a few posts from Westhost employees detailing how to do this. Basically..you set it up as follows (this is how I setup group lists, or discussion lists, or whatever you wan to call them):

Create a standard list
Set the list owner to a real email address, and make sure the shortname is NOT a real account (or alias or anything)

Go into the Group Options and set it to Group List
Go into the Sending Options, then advanced, and set it to use Sendmail -f flag

Edit /etc/aliases (or you can add a new alias from the control panel, set it to send to a command) and add a line like so:
shortname: "|/var/www/cgi-bin/mojo/extensions/mojo_send.pl"
Where shortname is your lists shortname. In this example, when users send email to shortname@yourdomain.com, it will send out an e-mail to all subscribers.

When you, as the list owner want to send a message, want to send out a message you too can send a message to shortname@domain.com and everyone will recieve it.

Hope this helps. AIM me if you need help: matts8008.

stonix
08-20-2004, 11:30 PM
thanks. it work out for me:)

ballegre
08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
If I understand correctly, what you need to setup is Mojo as a "group list". There is a few posts from Westhost employees detailing how to do this. Basically..you set it up as follows (this is how I setup group lists, or discussion lists, or whatever you wan to call them):

Create a standard list
Set the list owner to a real email address, and make sure the shortname is NOT a real account (or alias or anything)

What do you mean by real email address? Creating an email account and using it?

Go into the Group Options and set it to Group List
Go into the Sending Options, then advanced, and set it to use Sendmail -f flag

Edit /etc/aliases (or you can add a new alias from the control panel, set it to send to a command) and add a line like so:
shortname: "|/var/www/cgi-bin/mojo/extensions/mojo_send.pl"
Where shortname is your lists shortname.

Your first instruction says to make sure the shortname is not an alias but yet here you instruct setting up an alias to match your short name.

Even after following these simple steps I get an email bounce "return mail: see transcript for details". The error there is:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
"|/var/www/cgi-bin/mojo/extensions/mojo_send.pl"
(reason: 2)
(expanded from: <everyone@durhamyo.org>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
Can't locate Mail/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/perl/lib/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/local/perl/lib/5.6.0 /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl . /home/path/to/cgi-bin/mojo /home/path/to/cgi-bin/mojo/MOJO) at /var/www/cgi-bin/mojo/extensions/mojo_send.pl line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/cgi-bin/mojo/extensions/mojo_send.pl line 40.
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

Any help appreciated,

thanks,

Bob

In this example, when users send email to shortname@yourdomain.com, it will send out an e-mail to all subscribers.

When you, as the list owner want to send a message, want to send out a message you too can send a message to shortname@domain.com and everyone will recieve it.

Hope this helps. AIM me if you need help: matts8008.