PDA

View Full Version : E-mail not getting through

brian3f
08-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm having some problems sending e-mail from my westhost server. I can generally send and recieve e-mails but whenever I send to the domain wtc-sf.org it doesn't work. The e-mail account I'm using is brian@wtcintranet.wtc-sf.org and I'm using NeoMail at Westhost. When I send e-mail to somebody@wtc-sf.org. The recipient never recieves the message and I don't get a bounce back either. Does anyone know what could be happening or suggestions on how I could track down the problem.

Additional Info:

The domain wtc-sf.org is hosted by Intermedia.net who also hosts a shared exchange servers for the wtc-sf.org users. I have pointed the subdomain wtcintranet.wtc-sf.org to my westhost server.

Thanks,
Brian

FZ
08-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Not sure if this workaround will work in your situation, but you might want to try enabling/assigning a home directory to the e-mail account (somebody@wtc-sf.org) via your Site Manager...

brian3f
08-15-2004, 10:01 PM
So it turned out that westhost was hosting the website for www.wtc-sf.org, even though intermedia was hosting the dns and mail for wtc-sf.org. Anyway when mail was sent from inside westhost to wtc-sf.org it was routed internally instead of going out to the internet to get the MX record. Anyway I was able to get this fixed with the help of Westhost staff by moving the DNS over to westhost and enabling stickyhost in sendmail.

Thanks for you help,
Brian

FZ
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Glad you got it working.

danb
09-21-2004, 05:40 PM
I've got the very same problem. I moved three domains, one of them my job's company domain, to three different server/plans.

My boss was telling me today that he tried to send some stuff to other folks within the company, and they did not receive it nor did he receive a failure notice.

How do I go about getting the right DNS moved to Westhost ?

I point the domains here, obviously. I maintain all my domains thru Network Solutions. Is that what needs to move ?

TIA,
Dan

jalal
09-22-2004, 05:05 AM
How do I go about getting the right DNS moved to Westhost ?

Put in a support request to Westhost ('Contact Us' on the menu point at the top of this page).