PDA

View Full Version : Importing Large DB in PhpAdmin?

synn
08-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Hello,

I am unable to import one of my db dumps into PhpAdmin. After taking several minutes to execute the file I finally get the error..."No SQL query!" :?

The file is not corrupt, but I do believe it may be too large for PhpAdmin to import? (just 11MB...but a serious amount of queries and inserts!)

Anyone have an idea what I can do to sucessfully import this file?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Howard
08-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Never tried this myself, but here are a couple of guesses....

Is it timing out?

What is the max upload size for PHP? Is it less than 11MB? I think mine is set for 2MB right now (the default).

synn
08-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Found a solution!

Used the script "bigdump.php" (from hotscripts.com)! Simply ftp your sql file and this script to a directory and --presto-- my file was imported in less than 30 sec! (11 mb. sql file!)

Incredible script --I recommend it to anyone here trying to import a large db via phpmyadmin.

jalal
08-15-2004, 01:40 AM
It's also possible to ftp the SQL file up to the server and import it via the shell (which is, I guess, what bigdump.php is doing behind the scenes).
Glad it worked out for ya.

StreetsOfGold
09-18-2004, 02:00 AM
I am trying the bigdump.php script, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how the username & password should be configured.

It is my understanding that they should be the same as my account login, but those are not working.

Should I place this script in a particular folder?

wildjokerdesign
09-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Username = root

Give that a try and see if it helps.

StreetsOfGold
09-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Thank you! It seems to have worked perfectly.

Now all I have to do is play with my IPB settings (probably the path to 'html' directory) to get my board up and working again.